• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deadliest Catch

Do you guys watch Deadliest Catch with your wife / girlfriend / mom / sister / female friend in the room?  What was their reaction the first couple times they watched the show?

I think the Discovery Channel does an excellent job capturing the interaction between men in a dangerous, high stress environment such as crab fishing.  To me this is how I would expect men to behave toward each other in this situation, particularly when no women are present.  The trash talk, the insults, the hostility, the profanity, the work ethic, etc, etc. 

What I find fascinating is that many women (unless somebody tells them otherwise) think it's all acting and showmanship.  They doubt men are so vicious toward each other.  They doubt men could do physical work for 19 hours straight.  They doubt men would continue working after slicing their hands open with blood gushing everywhere.  I think they expect men to be sitting around drinking beers, being lazy, and complaining about women.  Upon hearing that the show is pretty realistic in terms of the human element seems to really throw them for a loop.  Maybe that's why the show has so many women viewers?

Do you guys watch Deadliest Catch with your wife / girlfriend / mom / sister / female friend in the room?  What was their reaction the first couple times they watched the show?

The wife is just bored with it, won't watch more than a few minutes of it. All she sees is the sameness of it (usually the fishing scenes). Of course, this is the same person who would watch a Golden Girls or Law and Order marathon until the TV broke. Women are hard to understand sometimes.

I normally record it and watch it at a more convenient time than when it runs, usually Wednesday night (especially if there is no Angels game on, or if they're getting blown out).

I met Freddy at Breakfast in a restaurant in Las Vegas last year (Egg and I on Sahara for those that know). We exchanged pleasantries and that was it. I knew the dude was sick after that, but after tonight's program, dude is a friggin MONSTER!

Wired differently my ass. Freddy is straight up bad assed crazy. In a good way.

DeadliestCatchGroup.jpg

Ran into Jonathan at the Flamingo in Vegas. He was totally wasted and very friendly, especially with my wife's cousin (as you can tell in the pic). We hung out with him for a bit while he was telling us incoherent jokes, which made the whole experience funnier. This was a few years back when Deadliest Catch wasn't that popular so we were the only one's that probably recognized him.