• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you solve a problem like Mike?

Sorry, but Trout needs to swallow his pride and give up center field, assuming he gets back "healthy" . Platoon 1st base and the take the lions share of dh? He's still a good athlete and could pull it off. Harper did what was necessary to keep himself relevant.  Moniak coming around would sure make it an easier transition. Just spitballing. 

His injuries seem to be of the "freak" variety, like his wrist last year. He's never had a knee injury so gotta tick that one off the list. 

Obviously DH'ing him will limit the possibility but he'll get hurt just the same.

I'm not calling him "weak" or "soft" or whatever. But it's obvious he just cannot play baseball full-time for 6 months anymore. It sucks, but it's reality. 

DH him, put him at 1B, whatever. He's not going to stay healthy. His body won't allow it. It's not his fault nor is it the trainors. Dude just played balls out from age 18 and the effects are showing. 

19 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

His injuries seem to be of the "freak" variety, like his wrist last year. He's never had a knee injury so gotta tick that one off the list. 

Obviously DH'ing him will limit the possibility but he'll get hurt just the same.

I'm not calling him "weak" or "soft" or whatever. But it's obvious he just cannot play baseball full-time for 6 months anymore. It sucks, but it's reality. 

DH him, put him at 1B, whatever. He's not going to stay healthy. His body won't allow it. It's not his fault nor is it the trainors. Dude just played balls out from age 18 and the effects are showing. 

It doesn’t matter the sport, professional level play is brutal on the human body. He’s done it his entire adult life and many forget about that. 

I wouldn't entirely let Trout off the hook by saying that his injuries are simply and only due playing a lot of baseball and/or bad luck and/or genetics, etc. Some of this is malleable - by him and his training regime, and by the Angels. 

Lots of players play just as much as he has and have long careers. In truth, given how little he's played from 2020-24, it could be argued that he can extend his career a bit - less wear and tear than if he had played a higher percentage of those 589 Angels games than he has (319). In other words, he's played about two full seasons of games over the last five seasons. Or consider 2021-24: He's played in 266 of 529 Angels games, almost exactly half.

I do think that Trout is of a body type that tends to break down - similar to Griffey, unfortunately. But, he could slim down, focus more on flexibility. 

To put it another way, I do think Trout will be injury-prone for the rest of his career, and that isn't his fault. On the other hand, he can make some moves to reduce the probability of injury. 

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

So he needs to be more lazy?

GA wasn't lazy. He didn't overly risk injury, especially in low reward moments. 

I loved erstad, not maybe driving when we're winning or losing by 10 wasnt the best idea