• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is everyone just a bandwagon fan now?

21 hours ago, mmc said:

Yeah I mean I still like the team of course but between finals and the NBA and NHL playoffs there are both much more productive and much more entertaining uses of my evenings

THIS is how fans can survive seasons like this. 

Shit is bad now, it may get better after the break.  No reason to torment oneself if you don't have to.

I'm enjoying seeing Jose Soriano and Jo Adell look like they might be legit MLB players.

1 hour ago, James said:

As a general rule, I don't trust adults who root for an "out of market" team when there is a team in their city. 

I grew up in an area where there were 2 teams (although they both left) but my parents raised me as a Bills fan so…

Just now, katie said:

I grew up in an area where there were 2 teams (although they both left) but my parents raised me as a Bills fan so…

Teams left in 94. That's different for sure. 

Also, that's one of the exceptions, your family moved and your parents raised you to follow their team back "home". Says a lot about their parenting but that's not your fault! 😉 

5 hours ago, James said:

As a general rule, I don't trust adults who root for an "out of market" team when there is a team in their city. 

Normally I think this is true. 

I live in NH. Born and raised. Could easily be a Red Sox fan, Pats fan, Celtics fan, Bruins fan. Hell, I'd be pretty happy! 

Except fuck those teams. I hate them. Red Sox and Patriots especially.

My dad was raised in SoCal, moving from Ventura/Oxnard around to San Diego. He listened to Angels games on the radio back in the heyday. His dad was an Angels fan...I think through connections to Gene Autrey, though I have no evidence of that. That curse was passed on to my brother. And then to me. 

The Rams are my football team. They were in LA until '95. Again, my dad's team. The move to St. Louis didn't matter because we lived in NH.

LA Kings are my hockey team. Etc...