• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is this the earliest in the season we've been cooked?

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Season over before mid-May?  Even the pre-wild card teams in the 90s weren't this bad. 

Well, I thought we were done in April of 2002 before the incredible turnaround. The 14th loss which actually put us 10.5 games back was an excruciating 1-0 game vs Seattle where I believe we had the tying run on third twice in the late innings. 

14 minutes ago, BTH said:

it's too bad 2023 was wasted away with a manager whose team quit on him in August.

17-38 to end the season.

they dropped from a tier 2.5 team to a tier 5 team 

JUST. LIKE. THAT.

14 minutes ago, BTH said:

it's too bad 2023 was wasted away with a manager whose team quit on him in August.

17-38 to end the season.

You just made my point about the Angels having a culture issue which cannot be denied.

32-65 in last 97 games.    Appreciate  the supporting data. 

Unless something drastic happens, it's going to be like this for a long time.  The Angels system is the worst in baseball, and the young players on the MLB roster are solid, but no where near the star player types the Angels badly need.  Maybe O'Hoppe and Neto one day, but right now Neto looks lost at the plate and O'Hoppe after his hot start, has significantly cooled off.

Twitter is always awesome after a game like last night.  I learned that we lost because Carpino was watching hockey. It’s funny cuz I thought our bullpen melted down.  But nope it’s Carpino had hockey on in his suite. I swear our fanbase is fucking retarded.  

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Twitter is always awesome after a game like last night.  I learned that we lost because Carpino was watching hockey. It’s funny cuz I thought our bullpen melted down.  But nope it’s Carpino had hockey on in his suite. I swear our fanbase is fucking retarded.  

But still not as retarded as the Angels front office.

3 minutes ago, yamsi12 said:

But still not as retarded as the Angels front office.

They are basically the same level of retard.  Sure be mad at Carpino or Arte or Perry, they did this.  But then live in the reality of what they did and not pretend it is something that it isn’t.  We had twitter fans that thought the reason Trout wasn’t playing baseball last year was because he was too focused on his golf course.  It’s that level of stupidity.  We used to have one guy on here that created these narratives, twitter is full of them.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I saw the same tweet, and thought just, “Whatever. The NHL playoffs are better than the product he’s helped put on the field anyway.” It’s hardly particular to Angels fans. You can say that about any team that’s going through a lengthy time of losing. Fans are always looking for something simple to blame it on. That’s not to say Carpino isn’t necessarily part of the problem. It’s not because he had the hockey game on in his suite, though.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This is the earliest I’ve stopped paying much attention to the team. Trying watch the young talent when things are this way is not a very fun way to spend your time 

And the lineup most days is maybe two promising young guys surrounded 30+ year old AAAA castoffs like Adrianza and Calhoun. They're actually a lot like the current Ducks where not only is the team awful, most of the production is coming from guys who won't be here within a couple years. 

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I saw the same tweet, and thought just, “Whatever. The NHL playoffs are better than the product he’s helped put on the field anyway.” It’s hardly particular to Angels fans. You can say that about any team that’s going through a lengthy time of losing. Fans are always looking for something simple to blame it on. That’s not to say Carpino isn’t necessarily part of the problem. It’s not because he had the hockey game on in his suite, though.

Yep.  

Losing an entire generation of young fans. No kid wants to be associated with a loser, and that's what we are, and what we have been for a decade plus. We are loyal because we have seen the good times, but the youth wants instant gratification.

3 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Losing an entire generation of young fans. No kid wants to be associated with a loser, and that's what we are, and what we have been for a decade plus. We are loyal because we have seen the good times, but the youth wants instant gratification.

Then they can all jump ship and come back when the team is winning again.  Not a single one of us will miss the constant whining and bad comparisons.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Did the tweet actually say the Angels lost because he was watching hockey?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

No.

... and none of the quote-tweets for either of those tweets say the Angels lost because he was watching hockey. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

No, but it implied that hes more engaged in the hockey game, even though the video shows him watching the Angel game and glances over his shoulder at the hockey game on TV.