• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/21/24 10:40am Pacific): Soriano on the mound, Hicks leading off, Adrianza has a locker

4 minutes ago, Halo in Chicago said:

Soriano looks legit

Soriano has great stuff… Just gotta learn to manage the game. If he ever could, with Anderson pitching better, we might actually have the makings of a strong middle of the rotation.

Edited by Ariamus

10 minutes ago, Ariamus said:

It’s actually worse than you suggest.

A really good team, one that wins in the mid-90s, averages 1 game over .500 per week of the season. That means, if they lose today, the Angels would theoretically need A WHOLE MONTH to get back to .500. And that’d only be if they were a really good team, which we know they most certainly are not.

I’d love to be as optimistic as you but I simply can’t. So I’ll just remind you the Halos are 2-4 at home so far this season playing mid-range clubs like Boston and Tampa.

People over analyze things

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

God Neto is awful... dude is not an MLB caliber hitter

Yeah, he isn't quite there yet. They should consider sending him down as he looks very overmatched. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah, he isn't quite there yet. They should consider sending him down as he looks very overmatched. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They literally don't have another shortstop.

Yes, this is what I keep harping on with Neto and Schanuel as examples of the draft-a-guy-who-can-be-quick-to-the-majors strategy.  If you're gonna go that route, you HAVE to get it right if you have a farm system that's as lean as the Angels.  If those guys don't pan out immediately, you're stuck either playing them or sending them down and replacing them with absolute bottom of the barrel veterans.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Yes, this is what I keep harping on with Neto and Schanuel as examples of the draft-a-guy-who-can-be-quick-to-the-majors strategy.  If you're gonna go that route, you HAVE to get it right if you have a farm system that's as lean as the Angels.  If those guys don't pan out immediately, you're stuck either playing them or sending them down and replacing them with absolute bottom of the barrel veterans.

The strategy this off season was, we aren't going to spend money on guys that don't make this a playoff team. No one could make this into a playoff team so they didnt spend any money.