• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is There Something Here?

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It would be nice if that was who he is now. Last year he managed a 109 ERA+ which is no #3 status. He has Heaney mental fragility which no amount of bullpen or pitch mechanics can fix. 

I have no idea what you think a number three is, but historically speaking, a number three is a 100-105 ERA+ pitcher that gets innings.  Nobody seems to get innings anymore, so if he was at 109 last year, he's right there..  Here's another way to look at it -- a three would be among the top 90 pitchers in MLB, right?

2023 ranks

fWAR: 52nd (so, a two)
ERA: 62 (so a three)
IP: 64 (so a three)

Fact is he was a bit lucky last year.  His ERA was better than his predictive data, so far this year it's been the other way around.  The common issue is he's got early John Lackey mental issues.

On 4/13/2024 at 2:00 PM, BTH said:

I don’t necessarily believe this, but I’m just gonna throw it out there and see what other people think...

Do Canning and Sandoval have mentality problems on the mound? And if so, might that have to do with where they grew up?

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest people in OC have different personalities than, say, people from New York or Boston.

Whenever these two pitch, there doesn’t seem to be a bulldog, fight through it mentality that other pitchers have.

Sandoval leading MLB in unearned runs last year suggests there’s something there.

Is there something here?

thats dumb as shit

Sandavol is just over throwing everything and trying to throw the perfect pitch on every batter. Which then leads  him to falling behind. 

Canning is similar to Sandavol regarding location. He's just missing spots which could be a little mechanical adjustment it's early. He doesn't really fool hitters and needs to work his entire repertoire in an inning while adjust his game plan within the game and each time through the lineup.