• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/30/24 @ 1pm Pacific): Angels @ Orioles: Canning on the mound

NY @ HOU on Fox just had bowtie boy do an update during the broadcast, and, as usual, they ignore everything Halos unless they have the opportunity to shit on them.

Announced that Washington called a team meeting after today's second wholloping in a row.

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

NY @ HOU on Fox just had bowtie boy do an update during the broadcast, and, as usual, they ignore everything Halos unless they have the opportunity to shit on them.

Announced that Washington called a team meeting after today's second wholloping in a row.

Curious as to why he would feel the need for a team meeting after two games. Half the team has barely gotten into a game yet.

I highly suggest that everyone shifts their mindset to pretending like this is a triple-A team. The team as currently constructed isn't a playoff team, but it'll still be fun to watch and root for the young core to have good games. Save the heartache.

P.S. Aaron Hicks and Miguel Sano are not major leaguers. 

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I’ll catch heat for this but Trout should stop playing and demand a trade. The Angels are the worst organization in baseball and he will be remembered as a player who could have been the greatest but stuck with a shit team who hardly ever made the playoffs. There, I said it. Fight me. 

These get tiring

8 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

In all Hudler's goofiness, he taught the listener a lot about baseball

I met Hud personally. It must've been around 2009 or so. I was coaching a 7th and 8th grade boys team in 8-on-8 flag football, and we were practicing at Pioneer Park in Tustin. Hud was there with a small party, and he ambled on over where my team was practicing to watch. I recognized him right away and just said, "Well, Hud. What do you think, is my team a winner?" He shook my hand, complimented my team, and took the time to chat with them. He couldn't be nicer. This was the time when Manny was a FA, so I asked him what he thought. He got animated and enthusiastic and started talking how Manny and Vlad would be great. He was the same as we all would her him on an Angels' broadcast. 

I enjoyed the conversation immensely. I thanked him for spending some time with us, and he thanked me for taking time to coach kids. He was very genuine. He is one of the good ones for sure. He is also a fairly big, strong looking person. I again ran into him at the Tustin City Hall complex about a year later. He greeted me by name and inquired about how my team did.

2 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

The thing I don’t get is, “We aren’t signing any free agents because we have guys without options we want to see a lot of,” and then Sano and Hicks both against RHP. 

It's almost like that whole thing was BS.

4 hours ago, stormngt said:

These get tiring

LOL at any team taking on his contract and having to give up the type of package it would take to acquire him. He is untradeable due to his proneness to injuries and time on the disabled list, not to mention that huge salary. Don't get me wrong, I am a Trout fan and am disappointed that a better roster has not been built around him. That said, his one trip to the playoffs against the Royals in 2014 is not a selling point by any stretch of the imagination. Teams that would normally consider someone with his pedigree and talent would be teams that are postseason caliber. They are not going to be overly impressed with his postseason history -- or lack thereof. So, he is here for his career, which for us is good. 

3 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

I met Hud personally. It must've been around 2009 or so. I was coaching a 7th and 8th grade boys team in 8-on-8 flag football, and we were practicing at Pioneer Park in Tustin. Hud was there with a small party, and he ambled on over where my team was practicing to watch. I recognized him right away and just said, "Well, Hud. What do you think, is my team a winner?" He shook my hand, complimented my team, and took the time to chat with them. He couldn't be nicer. This was the time when Manny was a FA, so I asked him what he thought. He got animated and enthusiastic and started talking how Manny and Vlad would be great. He was the same as we all would her him on an Angels' broadcast. 

I enjoyed the conversation immensely. I thanked him for spending some time with us, and he thanked me for taking time to coach kids. He was very genuine. He is one of the good ones for sure. He is also a fairly big, strong looking person. I again ran into him at the Tustin City Hall complex about a year later. He greeted me by name and inquired about how my team did.

I met him when he was on the Expos. A real rah rah, positive motivator though just a fringe player. He had this phrase 'hey bud' when people would approach him. 

I never heard him or saw him as a broadcaster. But I guess his personality came through too. 

I was too busy to see game two live but endured watching it later. Admittedly fast forwarding after the bullpen got destroyed. 

What can you say? A historically bad and embarrassing start. Canning competed but his location was a problem. And multiple bad ball/strike calls didn't help. 

Obviously all phases of the game have been bad to terrible. Those runs both games in garbage time when the game was out of reach  don't really compensate for what happened earlier. 

A win Sunday temporarily stops the bleeding and gives the team a chance to reset. 

6 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I’d rather wait until 20 games to overreact. The thing I don’t get is, “We aren’t signing any free agents because we have guys without options we want to see a lot of,” and then Sano and Hicks both against RHP. 

We knew this team was going to be garbage going into ST and the first two games have been complete garbage so they’ve met expectations. 

10 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Curious as to why he would feel the need for a team meeting after two games. Half the team has barely gotten into a game yet.

Only one guy doesn’t have at least two at bats, Matt Thaiss.