• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels announce spring training non roster invites

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Interesting to see Alberto Rios listed as a catcher.

Was reported a little while back...I was hoping he'd become a decent bat-first corner guy, but maybe this is where he fits. 

Don't think I had seen it reported that we had signed Jason Martin to a minor league deal. Little guy (listed 5'9") but those numbers last two years in AAA and Korea are fun. 
image.png

It is kind of funny, this has been the least exciting offseason in years but if I wave off any expectations of competing this year, this is a fun little team to take to camp. 
One more SP and a vet IF or DH would be nice, but there's so much playing time for a new, young core and a lot of interesting low-risk rebound vets.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Was reported a little while back...I was hoping he'd become a decent bat-first corner guy, but maybe this is where he fits. 

Don't think I had seen it reported that we had signed Jason Martin to a minor league deal. Little guy (listed 5'9") but those numbers last two years in AAA and Korea are fun. 
image.png

It is kind of funny, this has been the least exciting offseason in years but if I wave off any expectations of competing this year, this is a fun little team to take to camp. 
One more SP and a vet IF or DH would be nice, but there's so much playing time for a new, young core and a lot of interesting low-risk rebound vets.

Yeah, I realized after I posted about Rios that his move to C had been reported earlier, but I hadn't seen it. 

For pitchers, I am familiar with Caden Dana. He could have a chance to stick, but he is pretty young. I haven't heard of any of the other pitchers. Catchers, of course there as Wallach, meh. I know of Rios. The others, never heard of them. Know a bit about a few of the infielders and outfielders. Not sure there is much to be excited for, but who knows?