• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Anyone know why Alberto Rios has only played in 14 games so far at Tri-City?  Has he been hurt, or is he just not getting time because he's been absolutely awful? He hasn't played since May 2, but there's nothing on his MILB.com page that indicates he was put on the IL.

Joe Redfield came out of today's game after 2 AB.  Once again, can't find out any info on what, if anything, happened to him.  I really wish there was some way to get more consistent, detailed info about the minor league guys.  There has still been no official report or even a brief article about what's going on with Cole Fontenelle (I know he broke his ankle, but haven't seen any updates aside from him being put on the 60-day IL...did he have surgery?  What's the recovery time? Etc., etc.).  Nothing about Nelson Rada.  No info on why Alberto Rios hasn't played in over a week (and he hasn't been reassigned to the AZ Complex team or anything like that, at least that I can find).  And now Redfield.

Gimme some info!!

Mederos went 8 innings tonight.  5 hits, 1 BB, 1 ER, 3 K.  Best start of the year.

Mason Erla finished up the game and still hasn't given up an earned run this year.

At Inland Empire, Joe Redfield is playing tonight, so whatever knocked him out of the game a couple days ago obviously wasn't serious.

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

I've been wondering about Campero.  He's swinging a good bat in AA, another HR tonight. 

With all due respect, he’s the best hitter on that team presently, but that’s not saying much. A .262/.354/.512 slash is fine and all but it’s just solid at best. He’s listed at 5’6” and playing in his third AA season, feels more like a journeyman having a good hit stretch.

33 minutes ago, totdprods said:

With all due respect, he’s the best hitter on that team presently, but that’s not saying much. A .262/.354/.512 slash is fine and all but it’s just solid at best. He’s listed at 5’6” and playing in his third AA season, feels more like a journeyman having a good hit stretch.

Yep. He also turns 27 in September. Good story in the moment right now, but unlikely he'll contribute in a meaningful way in the majors. 

20 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Hopefully, at 5'6, he has a decent understanding of his strike zone, and he may develop into a good spare part as a reserve OF and pinch hitter.  

With a catcher's throwing arm, he could be useful as a reserve corner OF. 

7 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep. He also turns 27 in September. Good story in the moment right now, but unlikely he'll contribute in a meaningful way in the majors. 

I have a feeling we may see him still later this year. Much like with Kristofak, by the time the summer starts wrapping up we may see guys like Campero or Orlando Martinez or guys like Hans Crouse or Plesac get some time for no other reason than goodwill, to get guys some big league games just for the heck of it. 

I’ve never been so pessimistic on the org. Usually always capable of seeing silver linings but this year is so rough, up and down all teams and players. Hoping that at least by June something somewhere is giving me something to follow and get excited about.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I have a feeling we may see him still later this year. Much like with Kristofak, by the time the summer starts wrapping up we may see guys like Campero or Orlando Martinez or guys like Hans Crouse or Plesac get some time for no other reason than goodwill, to get guys some big league games just for the heck of it. 

I’ve never been so pessimistic on the org. Usually always capable of seeing silver linings but this year is so rough, up and down all teams and players. Hoping that at least by June something somewhere is giving me something to follow and get excited about.

Yeah, this year has been a gut punch so far.

As far hoping for something to get encouraged over I keep hoping that Sam Bachman will (finally) get healthy and Ben Joyce will take the next step in his development. 

That's all I got at this point....

~ArkyAngelsFan~

2 hours ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

Yeah, this year has been a gut punch so far.

As far hoping for something to get encouraged over I keep hoping that Sam Bachman will (finally) get healthy and Ben Joyce will take the next step in his development. 

That's all I got at this point....

~ArkyAngelsFan~

Not particularly hopeful on either of those guys tbh, and that goes back to last year. I don’t think either will be healthy or effective enough consistently to be anything more than oft-injured daydreams. 

One notable aspect of the minor league club is the impressive patience exhibited by both Placencia and Ortiz, resulting in high on-base percentages. However, their batting averages low. Could this be do to  excessive patience, or are they focusing on particular aspects of their game? Given their youth, there is still for them to turn things around.

Also what happened to Rios? dude's bat was suppose to above-average, yet he sticks and hasn't played in a while 

Regarding Bachman, when he comes back and if he's fully healthy, I am putting him in the Bp as a 1 inning guy. 

joyce has basically zero command and that is not what we need. Honestly I would recommend that he dials down on the velo, instead of 100, maybe be around 95/96 and see if that improves his command. 

23 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Regarding Bachman, when he comes back and if he's fully healthy, I am putting him in the Bp as a 1 inning guy. 

joyce has basically zero command and that is not what we need. Honestly I would recommend that he dials down on the velo, instead of 100, maybe be around 95/96 and see if that improves his command. 

I’m more excited and confident in what these guys are doing, and believe at least one or two of them will start positively impacting the team sooner rather than later:

• Iván Armstrong: 1.45 ERA, 18.2 IP, 11 hits, 1 HR, 3 BB, 24 K
  • Hayden Seig: 1.59 ERA, 17 IP, 10 hits, 6 BB, 17 K
  • Michael Darrell-Hicks: 0.00 ERA, 16.1 IP, 8 hits, 2 BB, 17 K
  • Mason Erla: 0.00 ERA, 12.1 IP, 10 hits, 3 BB, 9 K
  • Nick Jones: 3.86 ERA, 11.2 IP, 13 hits, 1 BB, 14 K
  • Luke Murphy: 5.73 ERA, 11 IP, 13 hits, 3 HR, 1 BB, 14 K
  • Alan Rangel: 2.61 ERA, 20.2 IP, 15 hits, 2 HR, 5 BB, 25 K
  • Eric Torres: 2.61 ERA, 10.1 IP, 6 hits, 6 BB, 17 K
  • Tyler Thomas: 1.96 ERA, 18.1 IP, 14 hits, 14 BB, 23 K
  • Hans Crouse: 4.38 ERA, 12.1 IP, 11 hits, 3 HR, 5 BB, 18 K
  • Brett Kerry: 2.56 ERA, 31.2 ERA, 22 hits, 3 HR, 5 BB, 36 K
  • Kenny Rosenberg: 2.72 ERA, 49.2 IP, 41 hits, 5 HR, 17 BB, 48 K

And that’s still not taking into account guys like Kochanowicz, Daniel, Mederos…

If there’s one part of the farm I have some hope in, it’s the AA team starting to round out the bullpen with some legit MLB-caliber depth and it has looked to be on track this year.