• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should we be nervous?

angelsfan100

On 12/28/2023 at 3:01 PM, Docwaukee said:

Right now, those additional 2300 PA would go to:

Matt Thaiss, Michael Stefanic, Jo Adell, Trey Cabbage, Francisco Mejia, Chad Wallach, Alfonso Rivas, Evan White, Charles LeBlanc, Kyren Paris, Livan Soto, Jordyn Adams, Willy Calhoun, Jake Marisnick, and Orlando Martinez.  

That's 38% of next year's at bats going to what I consider a collection of guys that might produce at a replacement level and probably worse.  

I've seen this somewhere before .... Does Arte wear a skirt?....

Youre Out No Good GIF by Major League

Charlie Sheen Baseball GIF by Comedy Central

Major League Baseball GIF by Morgan Creek

Game Day What GIF by Laff

Baseball Celebrate GIF by Major League

On 12/29/2023 at 3:24 PM, nando714 said:

A current MLB player lives in my neighborhood 

he was on a playoff team that lost early 

I was picking his brain over the holidays 

he says no free agents he knows want to play for arte unless he overpays. He says it’s known as the worst ran organization in terms of day to day life 

the lack of facilities and amenities (training, recovery, etc.) is big within players. 

he said once the angels sell. Players will flock here. 

just his 2 cents 

so i guess it's not almost-hall-of-famer kyle kubitza.

On 12/30/2023 at 1:11 PM, Stradling said:

They all ended up being overpaid based on their production, but none of those contracts when they were signed, seemed like an overpay.

Pujols was an overpay just because of the length of the deal. Being backloaded was beyond stupid.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Pujols was an overpay just because of the length of the deal. Being backloaded was beyond stupid.

He was offered $300 million from Florida. It was the going rate for an inner circle HOFer. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He was offered $300 million from Florida. It was the going rate for an inner circle HOFer. 

No, it was what the Marlins had to offer as an overpay because their franchise sucked. The Cardinals refused to go over 8 years because they knew Pujols was in decline. The Angels offered more money and years, an overpay, to pry him from the Cardinals. 

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No, it was what the Marlins had to offer as an overpay because their franchise sucked. The Cardinals refused to go over 8 years because they knew Pujols was in decline. The Angels offered more money and years, an overpay, to pry him from the Cardinals. 

Keep believing that but it wasn’t. His decline made him only a 5 WAR player and 5th in the MVP voting. I already said players leave for more money but you chose to tell me I was creating my own narrative.