• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should we be nervous?

angelsfan100

I think it's going to be a quiet off-season for the Angels. They won't want to overpay and screw their future, which is kind of what they're experiencing right now. And they've got a lot of young guys that they'll need to figure out if they're building blocks or not. Neto, O'Hoppe, Bachman, Joyce, Silseth, Moniak, Adell....

I think it's a solid bet that they'll continue to address the bullpen, and add a short term veteran bat and a back of the rotation arm and that's it. Unexciting, inexpensive and disappointing. But how else are they supposed to rebuild their depleted farm system? 

Only 9 teams have made significant moves. Only 4 of these have made more than one.

Dodgers, obviously are winning the offseason with the Ohtani and Yamamoto signings, plus the Glasnow trade.

Rays obviously are on the other side of the Glasnow trade.

Yankees did add Juan Soto.

Diamondbacks added a pitcher, E. Rodriguez, and a hitter, L. Gurriel Jr..

Giants added Korean Outfielder Lee.

Braves made a bunch of weird trades.

Blue Jays re-signed Kiermeirer and signed IKF.

Tigers added Flaherty, Miller, Chafin, and Maeda. Lost E. Rodriguez.

Royals added Lugo, Wacha, and Renfroe.

5 minutes ago, full circle said:

Are there any players you WOULD want the Angels to get?  

Ha.  I know I've been pretty critical of most of the options out there, but that's just because I think this is a really weak and high-risk free agent class.  I won't actually be upset if they do sign a Lorenzen-type or two.  I just don't think it'll move the needle in a meaningful way. 

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ha.  I know I've been pretty critical of most of the options out there, but that's just because I think this is a really weak and high-risk free agent class.  I won't actually be upset if they do sign a Lorenzen-type or two.  I just don't think it'll move the needle in a meaningful way. 

thoughts on Montgomery?