• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

11 hours ago, ShotimeDynasty said:

If the Halos sign either Soler or JD there has to be a corresponding OF trade, right? Saw a rumor floated that SD was looking at a Moniak trade.

Idk what kind of return would be coming back, but Moniak is one of the few guys we could trade where it might not have to be a “sell low” situation.. depending on how teams value his polarizing 2023 of course.

The Guardians have good young pitching and a desperate need for outfielders.

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The Guardians have good young pitching and a desperate need for outfielders.

They may need OF help but their SP is the weakest/most untested its been in a decade.  I don't think they are looking to move anyone other than Bieber, and the would probably want pitching coming back.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They may need OF help but their SP is the weakest/most untested its been in a decade.  I don't think they are looking to move anyone other than Bieber, and the would probably want pitching coming back.

Moniak alone wouldn’t likely net anyone from their MLB rotation but they have a Joey Cantillo 24yo prospect that moved up to AAA last year who lines up with MM on BTV. High K/BB guy seems like the kind of guy Perry has been targeting 

14 minutes ago, ShotimeDynasty said:

Moniak alone wouldn’t likely net anyone from their MLB rotation but they have a Joey Cantillo 24yo prospect that moved up to AAA last year who lines up with MM on BTV. High K/BB guy seems like the kind of guy Perry has been targeting 

Guardians still have George Valera -- he's a one man MASH unit but he was a top 100 guy as recently as last year.  So it's not like they are completely barren in the OF.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Guys with old player skills, happens a lot.  Kind of what I worry about with Matt Chapman. 

Fair point. I wouldn't go more than 4 years for Chapman but I definitely could see some team giving him 5.

48 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Fair point. I wouldn't go more than 4 years for Chapman but I definitely could see some team giving him 5.

Oh, I don't really have an opinion on signing him.  He's just a guy I wonder about because despite being very athletic and having some really impressive predictive stuff he's just always had those old player skills.  His K rate has gotten pretty crazy too. 

If they sign him, okay... I'm just not obsessing about things we don't have any control over. Like @T.G. is always saying -- I just want them to make smart decisions.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Oh, I don't really have an opinion on signing him.  He's just a guy I wonder about because despite being very athletic and having some really impressive predictive stuff he's just always had those old player skills.  His K rate has gotten pretty crazy too. 

If they sign him, okay... I'm just not obsessing about things we don't have any control over. Like @T.G. is always saying -- I just want them to make smart decisions.

I think they've been pretty smart this offseason. Obviously the media and the average fan is going to be like lol Angels but strengthening the pen and adding actual depth for AAA is something this org has needed to do for years now. 

They still have work to do but I think Perry has done ok so far this offseason.

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

How would signing Snell  and Martinez make Rengifo and Drury back ups?

Currently I have us as

Rendon 3B
Neto SS
Rengifo 2B
Nolan 1B
Drury DH

If Rendon goes down, I'm not sure what the plan is. Probably giving Adel or Ward more at bats.

Having JD at DH would make Rengifo more available at 3B with Drury at 2B. 

27 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Perry and the scouts carefully check out players who are cut from other teams for various reasons. You never know who doesn't fit a specific team but still might be useful. Often a cheap way to add a piece here or there. 

I would be surprised if they didn’t.

That’s literally part of their job.

21 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Currently I have us as

Rendon 3B
Neto SS
Rengifo 2B
Nolan 1B
Drury DH

If Rendon goes down, I'm not sure what the plan is. Probably giving Adel or Ward more at bats.

Having JD at DH would make Rengifo more available at 3B with Drury at 2B. 

Wouldn't if be a lot easier to just sign another INF'er?