• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

With Hader going to the Astros, I wonder if the Astros will be able to afford to extend Bregman, Tucker, Altuve and Valdez.

Altuve feels like an Astro for life.

Bregman is repped by Boras and isn’t as attached to Houston as Altuve (also a Boras client), so I think he bolts to like NYM.

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

Altuve feels like an Astro for life.

Bregman is repped by Boras and isn’t as attached to Houston as Altuve (also a Boras client), so I think he bolts to like NYM.

I think they keep Altuve but Tucker and Bregman will leave. They probably trade Valdez to recoup top prospects for their farm system. 

Bowden: The biggest winners and losers of the MLB off-season so far

3. Mike Trout

Life after Ohtani has begun for the Angels and it’s pretty bleak: They haven’t made many player moves this offseason and appear headed for another sub-.500 season, which would be their ninth consecutive year with a losing record. Trout, 32, appears to have no clear pathway to a playoff stage as he enters the 14th year of what will inevitably be a Hall of Fame career. He is signed through 2030. His contract (a 12-year, $426.5 million deal from 2019 with a no-trade clause) and recent injury history basically make him untradable, even if he were to waive his no-trade clause. It’s sad a player with this much talent has dealt with so many injuries and plays on a non-competitive team. I liked the Angels’ hiring of manager Ron Washington, but apart from that, this has been a bad offseason for Trout: He lost his favorite teammate in Ohtani and his front office has done nothing to surround him with a winning team — oh, and his favorite football team, the Philadelphia Eagles, imploded after a 10-1 start to the season.

https://theathletic.com/5213585/2024/01/19/mlb-offseason-winners-losers-2023-24/?source=user_shared_article

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Bowden: The biggest winners and losers of the MLB off-season so far

3. Mike Trout

Life after Ohtani has begun for the Angels and it’s pretty bleak: They haven’t made many player moves this offseason and appear headed for another sub-.500 season, which would be their ninth consecutive year with a losing record. Trout, 32, appears to have no clear pathway to a playoff stage as he enters the 14th year of what will inevitably be a Hall of Fame career. He is signed through 2030. His contract (a 12-year, $426.5 million deal from 2019 with a no-trade clause) and recent injury history basically make him untradable, even if he were to waive his no-trade clause. It’s sad a player with this much talent has dealt with so many injuries and plays on a non-competitive team. I liked the Angels’ hiring of manager Ron Washington, but apart from that, this has been a bad offseason for Trout: He lost his favorite teammate in Ohtani and his front office has done nothing to surround him with a winning team — oh, and his favorite football team, the Philadelphia Eagles, imploded after a 10-1 start to the season.

https://theathletic.com/5213585/2024/01/19/mlb-offseason-winners-losers-2023-24/?source=user_shared_article

Bowden is a drama Queen but he’s not wrong here.