• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 23 (2023 Season Wrap-up Show)

Chuck

IMG_0031.jpg

The Angels 2023 Season has come to an end.  Victor Rojas, Geoff Stoddart and Chuck Richter talk about the good, the bad and the ugly that the season had to offer. They discuss the removal of Phil Nevin as the team’s Manager and what candidates out there might be a good fit for the team. They make bold predictions on Shohei Ohtani’s likelihood of returning. Which players had breakout seasons and which players and rookies had the best chance of being productiive going forward? And finally, a special drop in visit from a female guest who happens to be a huge KC Chiefs fan!!! Who could that be?!?! Tune in to find out! 

• Chuck changed the title to AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 23 (2023 Season Wrap-up Show)
51 minutes ago, James said:

Enjoyed these, thanks guys.

Yadier Molina is a name to look at if they don't want a retread. Would love him as a coach but I imagine the Cards will give him that sort of role so likely it would need to be a managerial role. 

Good one, James. I think he would make a fine manager and may be just what the Angels need because I think he'll demand a ton of respect. 

16 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

IMG_0031.jpg

The Angels 2023 Season has come to an end.  Victor Rojas, Geoff Stoddart and Chuck Richter talk about the good, the bad and the ugly that the season had to offer. They discuss the removal of Phil Nevin as the team’s Manager and what candidates out there might be a good fit for the team. They make bold predictions on Shohei Ohtani’s likelihood of returning. Which players had breakout seasons and which players and rookies had the best chance of being productiive going forward? And finally, a special drop in visit from a female guest who happens to be a huge KC Chiefs fan!!! Who could that be?!?! Tune in to find out! 

Great show! I actually like the longer ones with more content. And Chuck, I think Ohtani is returning. WE NEED OPTIMISM! The Angels won't always lose and when they start winning again it's going to be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

12 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I agree with Victor on taking a look at Ron Washington. 

I believe an established coach would be better than a younger or first-time one. I think the team has the talent. It just needs to be molded. This isn't the A's , Reds or Marlins. Yes, we have some kids but we have some older/veteran talent like Ward, Rengifo, and the starters who may need a kick or push.

I wouldn't mind a Snell but if we can adamantize that bullpen we may be able to get by with a lesser starter and the ones we have. Can Canning and Silseth build on their seasons? I think Detmers will flourish one of these days and hopefully Sandoval can get out of his own head.

One other thing Victor mentioned that may be a shock to the "newer" fans of the team, it could be many years before we see another position player voted into the ASG, not named Mike Trout.

Even though it is a popularity contest,  you need players that have the stats to persuade fans of other teams to cast their votes for the Angels player.  I don't see that right now.

5 hours ago, Torridd said:

I wouldn't mind a Snell but if we can adamantize that bullpen we may be able to get by with a lesser starter and the ones we have. Can Canning and Silseth build on their seasons? I think Detmers will flourish one of these days and hopefully Sandoval can get out of his own head.

I'm not a fan of having 3-4-5 Lefties/Righties in a rotation with a similar repertoire and release points in a row. It is easier to Scout prior to the series. At that point your only focused on tendencies in situations. Even a change in pitch usage.

Anderson should had been a great guy coming in 2nd behind Ohtani Velo and between a Giolitto type. (We know how it broke up). Then to a Detmers, a Canning, finishing with a Sandavol.

The whole Pitching Philosophy was a complete breakdown. From building the rotation including pitching matchups (you actually want the bottom 3 going against other teams bottom 3 its a confidence builder) The other issue is not all teams work a 6man rotation. So, your #6 guy at times will come up against another teams #1 that individual must be mentally strong (be able to trust their stuff, confident, and not let the blunders get to them other than the moment "blow it off and get back on the bump"). strike zone dominance, and getting outs is always Priority #1a and 1b.

I still haven't gotten into health... I believe Silseth has a TOR mentality maybe a 1b or 2 with more experience. He attacks and battles.

Great podcast, always a fun listen. Lookin forward to Hot Stove episodes as this will be an eventful off season. As for what the Angels should prioritize, I feel a lockdown bullpen is key as most of our starters barely make it thru 5 innnings and look how the ‘02 team did it with an average SP rotation 

I also like the longer episodes. The conversations don’t seem so rushed and it still has the feeling of three friends just shooting the breeze.

It might be fun to take the off season and invite some of the forum members on to talk about themselves, how they became fans, memories, their lives and such. It would be cool to know everyone beyond their screen names and smart ass posts.

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

@Chuckster70 don't think for a moment that since the Angels season is over your podcasting is done. Once the World Series completes you have the Hot Stove and Winter Meetings podcasts to produce. Lots to discuss, plenty of predictions and reactions to the latest news. 

Yep. That's the plan. 

I'm flying out to Greece on Tuesday for a 12-day vacation there. When I get back we'll schedule our next show. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

that's looks outstanding. my relatives are on an island south of Mykonos called Kimolos. my california cousin was just there in august.

when you go to Meteora, if you see a british secret agent kind of guy, walk the other direction and give him plenty of elbow room. he's there on business.

• 4 weeks later...