• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/28/23 3:40pm Pacific) Angels @ Phillies: Giolito on the mound, Schanuel back

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Go ahead and get your Debbie Downer reactions ready...

Moustakas' OPS with the Angels: .703.  With the Rockies: .795.

O'Hoppe is now 3 for 28 since he returned.

On the upside, Moniak is now 10 for his last 26.

Is the Moose defense he should not be playing everyday.

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Go ahead and get your Debbie Downer reactions ready...

Moustakas' OPS with the Angels: .703.  With the Rockies: .795.

O'Hoppe is now 3 for 28 since he returned.

On the upside, Moniak is now 10 for his last 26.

Moose got up again after I posted this and failed to reach base, so his OPS with the Angels is now down to .699.

Other OPS marks since the June/July trades:

Cron: .563

Escobar: .558

Grichuk: .470

...and our pal Renfroe, while obviously not a mid-season acquisition, is sporting a cool .507 OPS in his last 15 games.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Moose got up again after I posted this and failed to reach base, so his OPS with the Angels is now down to .699.

...and our pal Renfroe, while obviously not a mid-season acquisition, is sporting a cool .507 OPS in his last 15 games.

Hard to give Perry a passing grade on off season or trade deadline acquisitions this year….Drury and Estevez have been good…. Urshela was ok in limited action….I guess Moore has been ok …Other than that, Renfroe, Anderson haven’t done much and outside of Moose, the deadline guys have been bad..

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

is there anything grichuk does well?? 

Just now, DMVol said:

Hard to give Perry a passing grade on off season or trade deadline acquisitions this year….Drury and Estevez have been good…. Urshela was ok in limited action….I guess Moore has been ok …Other than that, Renfroe, Anderson haven’t done much and outside of Moose, the deadline guys have been bad..

Yeah, and I've even argue that some folks here think Urshela was better than he actually was before he got hurt.  His offensive value came from a high batting average that was inflated by a very high BABIP.  His exit velocity was the worst it's been in any season in which he's played more than 50 games, his BB rate was the worst, his isolated power was the 2nd worst, hard hit % was the 2nd worst, etc., etc.

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, and I've even argue that some folks here think Urshela was better than he actually was before he got hurt.  His offensive value came from a high batting average that was inflated by a very high BABIP.  His exit velocity was the worst it's been in any season in which he's played more than 50 games, his BB rate was the worst, his isolated power was the 2nd worst, hard hit % was the 2nd worst, etc., etc.

use all the stats you like, but you have to admit he played winning baseball...you need guys that are on team friendly contracts and that hit in clutch situations to WIN !!! I believe when he and Neto went down are whole dynamic changed in the line up...

6 minutes ago, No Roles said:

use all the stats you like, but you have to admit he played winning baseball...you need guys that are on team friendly contracts and that hit in clutch situations to WIN !!! I believe when he and Neto went down are whole dynamic changed in the line up...

Honestly, his stats this year are filled with all sorts of weirdness and contradiction. The Angels were 36-26 in games he played--but his OPS was 350 points higher in LOSSES than in WINS (not a typo). I have no idea what his actual value is at this point. 

I miss watching Neto...I went to only 1 game this year that he played in and he hit a hr right before the next at bat in which he tweaked his back...it was at commercial so you guys didn't see how long he was down between innings unless you were there too !!! I knew right away he looked shaky and unfortunately has never been the same since that Friday night vs the Pirates...

40 minutes ago, No Roles said:

I miss watching Neto...I went to only 1 game this year that he played in and he hit a hr right before the next at bat in which he tweaked his back...it was at commercial so you guys didn't see how long he was down between innings unless you were there too !!! I knew right away he looked shaky and unfortunately has never been the same since that Friday night vs the Pirates...

So it was your fault.

3 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe people were too quick to elevate O'Hoppe into a star of the future. Really small sample size still and a long way to go with his learning ng curve. The Angels need some production from a catcher, not just defense.

Is there concern that his hitting will never be the same after shoulder surgery?   How many players have shoulder surgery and still are able to hit well enough?

14 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe people were too quick to elevate O'Hoppe into a star of the future. Really small sample size still and a long way to go with his learning ng curve. The Angels need some production from a catcher, not just defense.

Angels player development rearing its ugly head again. Meanwhile the Astros have a guy like Yainer Diaz coming out of nowhere and crushing it

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Angels player development rearing its ugly head again. Meanwhile the Astros have a guy like Yainer Diaz coming out of nowhere and crushing it

Just like it's too early to anoint O'Hoppe as the next big thing, it's also too early to write him off as an example of bad player development. We just don't know yet.  That's what I've been saying since day one of the injury.