• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Do You Want Gone Next Season?

First time starting a thread so bear with me. 

Who do you want out of Anaheim next year? I mean it doesn’t matter if it’s an expiring deal, a trade, someone fired, whatever. Who doesn’t deserve to be here? Aside from Arte since most of us want him to sell.

In a perfect world, I’d never see Barria, Suarez, Loup, Anderson, Wise, Nevin, Velazquez, Stefanic, Rendon, Renfroe, and Giolito wear Angels red again. 

20 minutes ago, Sho Way That Was A Strike said:

First time starting a thread so bear with me. 

Who do you want out of Anaheim next year? I mean it doesn’t matter if it’s an expiring deal, a trade, someone fired, whatever. Who doesn’t deserve to be here? Aside from Arte since most of us want him to sell.

In a perfect world, I’d never see Barria, Suarez, Loup, Anderson, Wise, Nevin, Velazquez, Stefanic, Rendon, Renfroe, and Giolito wear Angels red again. 

I would like to see the injuries to the starers gone next year.

Additions:

Offer Shohei three years at 180 million and pray that loyalty wins out. 

Bring in Jeff Mathis to help rebuild the catching infrastructure and instruction in the organization. 

Make Thaiss a 3b/1b platoon and use him only as the third catcher. 

Trade for a Veteran catcher from another team to be second behind O'Hoppe since it looks like Stassi is done.

Add someone to help rebuild the pitching infrastructure and oversee major league pitching. Poach someone from one of the strong pitching teams like Milwaukee. I like what that organization has done year in and year out. 

Resign Grichuk, Moustakas, Matt Moore, Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez, with Lopez taking over as closer and Estevez the 8th inning guy. I would only pay these guys their market value with Giolito for 3 years, Lopez and Moore for 2 years, and the others on one year deals. 

See how healthy Urshela is and resign him on a bargain one year deal if he is.

Spend more money on Scouting (amateur, minor league, and major league scouting). Can we get back the good ones that were let go by Dipshit Dipoto?

Continue poaching people from organizations strong in Analytics. I don't think its the emphasis on analytics that is screwing things up. I believe its the analytics that we are doing that isn't up to snuff and we need to spend more money to double down and get good at it. 

Find someone from one of the good organizations (i.e. Tampa Bay, Dodgers, Houston) who can be President of Baseball operations to oversee the Angels' return to glory.  Let that person decide whether or not to keep Perry. Let that person have full autonomy over everything baseball-related. 

Subtractions:

Let Escobar, Renfroe, Loup, Cron go. 

Move Anderson to the bullpen. And spot start him against favorable matchups (teams that struggle against left handers).

Return Joyce, Schanuel to the minors to start next season. They need more instruction and seasoning away from the spotlight. 

Let Nevin go, because the writing is on the wall. I like him as a person but he's not the right person to bring the Angels out of this mess.

Let Wise go, and stop promoting from within for a pitching coach. Look for someone who's been in pitching for a very long time outside of the organization. See Additions above.

Let go of the infield and outfield defensive instructors and coaches. Either there isn't enough emphasis on fundamentals or the right drills and techniques are not used. Any way you cut it, this part of the organization needs to be rebuilt as well.

1 hour ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

Adams? You mean Jordyn Adams? Guess you don't think he'll get any better?

~ArkyAngelsFan~

He might get better, but I’m not willing to wait since he can’t hit and his defense is awful right now.

Easier to say who I want back...

Assuming of course that Ohtani walks. If he leaves, then I would want back the following: O'Hoppe, Neto, Schanuel, Bachman, Silseth, Joyce, Detmers, and anyone else in the organization that has not yet made their MLB debut.

Everyone else can go, be they player, coach, executive, AND especially ownership.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

Anyone who leaves Rendon off the list but blamesl/lists  coaches isn't a serious participant in the conversation.

Rendon is a singular player that makes too much money to move. You can put him on a list but that list is worthless as he has been as a player the last three seasons.

The coaching staff affects the other 24 players on the roster, including all call ups. Their effectiveness directly influenced the outcomes of games. Currently there are too many cases where they have not made a positive contribution to preparing the team to win. 

There can be many factors, and I will grant you that Nevin has been hobbled by injuries that makes it impossible to assemble a cohesive team roster from one series to the next. Unfair as that is, he and his staff has to take responsibility for the performance of the players at his disposal, placing them in positions they can handle, whether that be fielding positions, batting orders, situational play awareness and proper bullpen usage. 

I think the Angels could have a better record with better management and coaching along with complimentary analytics. I don't think this coaching staff with even a healthy roster gets the most out of those players. I believe Minasian will have to make changes if the right candidate becomes available. 

Players to cut would be those that have contracts that end this season. The only player in that group I would consider a one year extension to would be Moustakas. Everyone else can go and please take Velazquez with them. 

I would retain all players under club control but listen to trade offers to any player not named O'Hoppe, Neto or Schanuel. That includes starting pitchers and relievers. 

I would let Ohtani walk unless there is a hometown discount and he agrees to a five man rotation and limitations on his DH role to provide him with rest periods after pitching. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Rendon is a singular player that makes too much money to move. You can put him on a list but that list is worthless as he has been as a player the last three seasons.

The coaching staff affects the other 24 players on the roster, including all call ups. Their effectiveness directly influenced the outcomes of games. Currently there are too many cases where they have not made a positive contribution to preparing the team to win. 

There can be many factors, and I will grant you that Nevin has been hobbled by injuries that makes it impossible to assemble a cohesive team roster from one series to the next. Unfair as that is, he and his staff has to take responsibility for the performance of the players at his disposal, placing them in positions they can handle, whether that be fielding positions, batting orders, situational play awareness and proper bullpen usage. 

I think the Angels could have a better record with better management and coaching along with complimentary analytics. I don't think this coaching staff with even a healthy roster gets the most out of those players. I believe Minasian will have to make changes if the right candidate becomes available. 

Players to cut would be those that have contracts that end this season. The only player in that group I would consider a one year extension to would be Moustakas. Everyone else can go and please take Velazquez with them. 

I would retain all players under club control but listen to trade offers to any player not named O'Hoppe, Neto or Schanuel. That includes starting pitchers and relievers. 

I would let Ohtani walk unless there is a hometown discount and he agrees to a five man rotation and limitations on his DH role to provide him with rest periods after pitching. 

The major issues with the Angels this year by a long shot is:

1.  Injuries and

2. Pitching

...........These two By a long shot.  Probably 80% of the reason for the season.

To even bring in the opinion that "the coaches don't get the most out of the players", or the batting order was the reason,  is just a stupid, lazy comment.   Bringing this up, considering the many many other issues with the team, takes the focus off the real problems.

Edited by Swordsman78