• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/23/23 Game 1 1pm) Reds @ Angels: Ohtani on the mound, no Trout or Schanuel

2 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

The wear-and-tear on Ohtani's body may fuel second thoughts about his two-way durability over the full season, That could affect the upcoming bidding war. The missed turn to rest the arm did not really fix the arm fatigue problem.  His first CG is followed by today. He may be out of the rotation for awhile. 

'"His arm just doesn't feel right," said Nevin moments ago.

Hope his bat is not out for awhile.

Why would he even want to pitch anymore this season? Just let him DH and make a run at 60 HRs. Have a farewell Ohtani night.

Just now, Revad said:

@Blarg are out with your wife again, you’re supposed to be in charge of this stuff.  I’m starting to suspect you’re doing more than having a hamburger.  I hope your not doing anything inappropriate.

My wife went in for surgery on Monday so I have been handling all of the housework duties. There is no saving this team from themselves. Not even Ohtani is immune from the Indian buriel ground curse.

They need to do intensive sonar testing of any other location to build a new stadium to avoid some pissed off spirits. Maybe Irwindale, someplace not even the poorest tribes would have settled in. 

I was holding out hope for one last run this year but I've realized its ridiculous to continue on. If the Angels have any decency they would shut Ohtani and Trout down instead of asking them to play tired or hurt. There is no need to push them. Its over. Wave the white flag. Play to evaluate players that will be here next year and into the future. Get a head start into next year and let go of the pitching coaches and infield coaches you don't see as being here. Cut useless players and bring up some more folks from the minors (i.e. Kyren Paris, Livan Soto, Stefanic, Mederos). We all know Nevin is a lame duck manager by now, so he can stay on to navigate the last month of this ship wreck. 

3 minutes ago, T-angel said:

I was holding out hope for one last run this year but I've realized its ridiculous to continue on. If the Angels have any decency they would shut Ohtani and Trout down instead of asking them to play tired or hurt. There is no need to push them. Its over. Wave the white flag. Play to evaluate players that will be here next year and into the future. Get a head start into next year and let go of the pitching coaches and infield coaches you don't see as being here. Cut useless players and bring up some more folks from the minors (i.e. Kyren Paris, Livan Soto, Stefanic, Mederos). We all know Nevin is a lame duck manager by now, so he can stay on to navigate the last month of this ship wreck. 

Yeah, I know it'll never happen, but I'd be totally fine putting Giolito, Cron, Grichuk, Escobar, etc on waivers and seeing if any team in contention wanted them.  Let them go to an actual contender who wants them at this point.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Thanks. She's doing great and this should be a short recovery.  Only two mote to go. Long story. 

I have a bit of drama going on myself right now.  That’s what AW to me, an entire community of people brought together by baseball.  If I asked for help Georgia would be full of Angels Fan in about a half an hour.