• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry Minasian is us

Chuck

40 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Players executing as well as an absurd amount of injuries. Perry got a crazy amount of depth in the offseason and then brought in 5 more players when the depth was decimated. Perry is doing what he can with what he has available to him. If he gets fired i would be legitimately pissed. No GM could do more with Arte than he has to this point. 

Agreed I think if Arte fires him it will be an enormous mistake. Fingers crossed he stays. I would think Nevin would get axed before the chopping block gets to him. Before Eppler got fired Ausmus and Doug White both got canned in a huge statement by Arte. I'm hoping between that and the injuries Perry stays. 

1 hour ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

Agreed I think if Arte fires him it will be an enormous mistake. Fingers crossed he stays. I would think Nevin would get axed before the chopping block gets to him. Before Eppler got fired Ausmus and Doug White both got canned in a huge statement by Arte. I'm hoping between that and the injuries Perry stays. 

Ok so the injuries aren't Perry's fault, but the manager should be held accountable and get axed....got it.  

Every preseason you see ideal projected lineups. But they rarely remain that way. Injuries and unexpected performances change things. Sometimes very quickly. And sometimes for large portions of the season. The manager deals with it game by game. But the GM supplies the players. 

Perry has done a nice solid job. Under big pressure from the standings and Arte.  Proactively finding injury related replacement players quickly who have experience and decent track records. But he had to trade future assets to salvage this season because of the Ohtani factor. A seriously big handicap no other GM faced this year. And which may or may not be reassessed in the future. That's the environment he has to work in. 

I"m really disappointed that the projected ideal lineup of the team played so little together. That would have been a more realistic picture of the team as it was supposed to be. 

With Nevin, has his managing made a difference? Turning more potential losses into wins or vice versa. Hard to say. The players really are the ones who bring results. But could they have been managed better? Personally I don't think he's especially great or terrible. Just maybe decently competent. However he too is limited by the talent available. So I would keep him and hope for a season without a devastated roster. 

And let Perry show what he can do in a probable post Ohtani era. 

I don't know what makes a good manager. I know certain guys have proven they can win pretty much anywhere. For example, we make fun of Dusty Baker because of what he did in Game 6 of the 2002 World Series, and the toothpick. However, Dusty is definitely going into the Hall of Fame as a manager. He got 2158 wins. He's managed 5 different teams working for a multitude of owners and GM's. He's gotten ALL 5 of those teams into the post season.3 Pennant winners and 1 World Championship and he may not be done yet.  That includes getting the Reds into the post season 3 out of 6 years and I don't think they have ever been a top 10 payroll. Arte has never hired a GM who had a proven track record of success only inexpensive newbies. He has only hired one manager who had a proven track record or success, but I think Maddon was looking at this job as cashing in before his retirement.