• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (8/2/23 9:20am Pacific): Angels @ Braves: Giolito on the mound, Adams in CF

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

All signs point to 

Houston vs Atlanta in the WS

but October is always about the hottest team 

Yeah, MLB playoffs are a crapshoot for the most part. Pretty much the opposite of the NBA playoffs where upsets are few and far between (yes, I know the Heat won the East as an 8 seed but that the lower seeds almost never make it to the conference finals, let alone the NBA finals).

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Yeah, MLB playoffs are a crapshoot for the most part. Pretty much the opposite of the NBA playoffs where upsets are few and far between (yes, I know the Heat won the East as an 8 seed but that the lower seeds almost never make it to the conference finals, let alone the NBA finals).

Let's not forget the NBA has 2 to 3 days between games once the finals come around, they never play 2 days in a row, pretty ridiculous IMO.

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

They don’t have the margin of error to go on 2-4 stretches being this far behind in the division and wild card chase. 

tired or not, if they are going to make a push they have to find a way. 

^^^This^^^ Schedule is brutal from here to the end, particularly in August (Sept is a little better)....Navigating that schedule and making up ground in the WC race isn't impossible but it's a very high bar for sure.....

4 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Yeah I'm just bitter right now. Overall I think he did a good job. Angels are gonna have to win like 6 in a row to stay in this thing.

For sure and I get it as I go off in these threads as well. They used to have separate game day and "vent threads" but combined the two around a decade or so ago because the vent threads had about 10x the amount of posts haha. This also makes me feel old. 

6 minutes ago, Revad said:

The game sucks but having a great time!

image.jpeg

I almost made the trip down again to take in this series and was going to attend yesterday and today's games for my birthday, but it was too close to making the driving trip from So. Cal to TN and quite frankly I was done with driving.

Looks like I made the right choice. 

12 minutes ago, Skips said:

wow....just wow.  pass the pipe over dude.

What is your counter argument? 'wow...just wow.' Well said.

Fact is they are 5.5 (about to be 6) GB despite having everyone in the opening day lineup sans Renfroe and Ohtani missing significant time. I would say that is good enough for over a 6 game difference. Your rebuttal? Let me guess: "Noooo, just no"

28 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Lakers did get to Western finals as 7 seed.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Lakers did get to Western finals as 7 seed.

Indeed, last year was quite the anomaly. Lakers also pretty much revamped 1/2 of their roster at the deadline which is also very much atypical in the NBA - to that extent anyways. Pretty much, Danny Ainge bailed them out and pissed off the rest of the league. 

4 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Two more series lost in a row. You really see the difference in quality and depth when playing better teams. Everything has to go right with no room for error to win series from them. A healthy roster would seriously upgrade things. 

Happen to know their series record against >.500 teams? Has to look pretty ugly.