• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are an easy team to root for...

9 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Also, maybe I'm just a big Moniak guy but I don't like when people talk trash about him. Sure he's got some holes in his swing right now, but he's young and I believe those holes can be filled.

When there is a lefty on the mound, it's tough to find good things to say about him. 

9 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Agreed. It does make sense that the Phillies coveted an OFer over Catcher after paying Realmuto in 2021 though. 

While this is true and I agree, the Angels also traded away Marsh from a pretty crowded outfield, so it seems like Perry wouldn't have had a ton of leverage there.

I guess you could definitely say that the Marsh-O'Hoppe trade was like a perfect-fit trade for both teams. Phillies needed a young OFer as much as the Angels needed a young C.

Still, I'd just like to believe that the Angels got the better deal here, because you're getting ++ offense at C. And he's two years younger than Marsh.

LA Angels take the gutless route by keeping Shohei Ohtani (deadspin.com)

According to Kyle Qualls, "I’m no longer a member of the “I’d love to see Ohtani and Trout in the playoffs together,” school of thought. It’s time to free Shohei and punish the Angels for their incompetence."

July of the last year of Ohtani’s contract is not when you’re supposed to start showing him you’re serious about winning. It’s too late. But they’ll say they tried their best to keep Ohtani because they bought at the deadline and faux-contended by sticking around a few games back of the wild card through August. No fan base is dumb enough to buy that.

Luke Wilson Words Of Wisdom GIF by Team Coco

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

According to Kyle Qualls, "I’m no longer a member of the “I’d love to see Ohtani and Trout in the playoffs together,” school of thought. It’s time to free Shohei and punish the Angels for their incompetence."

July of the last year of Ohtani’s contract is not when you’re supposed to start showing him you’re serious about winning. It’s too late. But they’ll say they tried their best to keep Ohtani because they bought at the deadline and faux-contended by sticking around a few games back of the wild card through August. No fan base is dumb enough to buy that.

Hahaha. The thing is, what season should they have "gone for it" mid-year? The argument that they didn't do nearly enough during each offseason is valid but, every single season, Trout and/or Ohtani has missed significant time (Ohtani as a pitcher until 2021). At least this year, they recognized they had a lot more overall talent compared to year's past to remain competitive despite half the damn roster being injured.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

He's right but for all the wrong reasons, and that's either stupid or dangerous depending on the situation. The Angels don't need to be, "punished" that's just an immature, childish take. That alone immediately invalidates his entire argument.

But he's correct in that the Angels timing of this is terrible, and regardless of playoffs they won't get able to honestly say they did everything to compete during Ohtani's and Trout's tenure, because they haven't, and fans will know better.