• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are an easy team to root for...

I think it'll be interesting, if Joyce comes back healthy, the amount of octane they'll be wielding in the late innings with Soriano, Lopez, Joyce and Estevez all throwing 97+. Throw in Moore and suddenly, this is the strongest Angels bullpen in a decade. 

And that in and of itself would be an interesting development given that the bullpen was their biggest weakness entering the season. 

21 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think it'll be interesting, if Joyce comes back healthy, the amount of octane they'll be wielding in the late innings with Soriano, Lopez, Joyce and Estevez all throwing 97+. Throw in Moore and suddenly, this is the strongest Angels bullpen in a decade. 

And that in and of itself would be an interesting development given that the bullpen was their biggest weakness entering the season. 

Speaking of, I didn't see what his injury was. (Joyce) but didn't they just move him to the 60 day? I thought he was done for the year?

20 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Agreed, best pen since they last made the playoffs.

One other thing of note is that Cron was originally traded for a player to be named later. That player turned out to be Luis Rengifo. Kind of cool that both are on the roster now and Rengifo has been playing very well of late when the team has needed him the most. 

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Speaking of, I didn't see what his injury was. (Joyce) but didn't they just move him to the 60 day? I thought he was done for the year?

They did but it aligns with the original timeframe which was mid-late August. Barring a setback, they should see him again this season. 

Would love if Joyce makes his way back.  He could be a major weapon in a playoff series. That said, I feel like his arm could detach from his torso on any given pitch.

What’s the word on Bachman?  Add these two back to the BP depth chart and we could have something special. 

Just now, HBAngel13 said:

Would love if Joyce makes his way back.  He could be a major weapon in a playoff series. That said, I feel like his arm could detach from his torso on any given pitch.

What’s the word on Bachman?  Add these two back to the BP depth chart and we could have something special. 

Joyce has a lot of potential because of how hard he throws, but I think he needs to further improve his second pitch before he becomes a weapon for us.  No matter how hard you throw, you need an effective second pitch to keep hitters honest, and his second pitch, while improving, still needs work.

I expect to see another reliever acquired before the deadline, and whoever that is, I expect our late inning relievers will be Estevez, Moore, Lopez, and "acquired reliever."  Soriano, Loup, and Webb will serve more as middle inning relievers, and Barria will remain as the long reliever.

Joyce and Bachman are the long term future. If either have ongoing health issues, no need to risk further injuries. But if Joyce in particular is cleared he could be a weapon in the bullpen for a key out here and there. I wouldn't risk too much strain on his arm this season. 

The pitching has been upgraded with the new additions and in general has been much improved. But one more high leverage arm would be a bonus. Still some juggling to be done with the roster. 

If this team makes the postseason, Perry's got to win exec of the year. He has actually done an insanely good job building this team if you think about it objectively (it's not his fault a bunch of the lineup isn't hitting close to it's career averages with RISP).

Drafting all pitchers in 2021 looks like it's working out too. Silseth helping the team win now. Bachman was showing flashes of brilliance when he was healthy. Bush and Albright provided great value for trades. So there's still plenty of pitching talent in the farm for the team to hold onto since we went all in there.

How did he get Moniak for Syndergaard?? 😂 O'Hoppe for Marsh? That's called ripping a team off in a trade. Jerry and Billy weren't doin stuff like that.

Perry kinda knows what he's doing I believe. Angels are in good shape for years to come.

image.png

I mean, just look at that! 
Play Stassi at first, put Bachman in the rotation and you actually have an MLB team. Shit you could basically count Walsh here.
Lineup: O'Hoppe, Walsh, Drury, Urshela, Rendon, Ward, Trout, Adell, Stassi? That's an actual 9 you could field in a lineup.
Rotation: Daniel, Rodriguez, Suarez, Bachman
Bullpen: Devenski, Joyce, Marte, Quijada, Warren

This team is resilient as any Angels' team I've seen and should be getting far more credit from not just the talking heads, but the fans as well. This is one of the best Angels' teams in some time, not just for the obvious reasons but because they have not folded.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

This team is resilient as any Angels' team I've seen and should be getting far more credit from not just the talking heads, but the fans as well. This is one of the best Angels' teams in some time, not just for the obvious reasons but because they have not folded.

Honestly who cares what the talking heads say. Rats like Stephen A. Smith will find any reason to dis the Angels.

1 hour ago, VladdyforHOF said:

If this team makes the postseason, Perry's got to win exec of the year. He has actually done an insanely good job building this team if you think about it objectively (it's not his fault a bunch of the lineup isn't hitting close to it's career averages with RISP).

Drafting all pitchers in 2021 looks like it's working out too. Silseth helping the team win now. Bachman was showing flashes of brilliance when he was healthy. Bush and Albright provided great value for trades. So there's still plenty of pitching talent in the farm for the team to hold onto since we went all in there.

How did he get Moniak for Syndergaard?? 😂 O'Hoppe for Marsh? That's called ripping a team off in a trade. Jerry and Billy weren't doin stuff like that.

Perry kinda knows what he's doing I believe. Angels are in good shape for years to come.

Agreed with all of this except the O'Hoppe for Marsh point you made. That is looking like a win-win for both teams. Marsh has a 125 OPS+ this season and a 2.4 bWAR.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

they started the year with depth and blew through that in no time but Perry kept adding it every time they needed it.  I would argue that they're resilient because they have better players than they've had in awhile but it's cost a pretty penny to stay that way.  

8 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Agreed with all of this except the O'Hoppe for Marsh point you made. That is looking like a win-win for both teams. Marsh has a 125 OPS+ this season and a 2.4 bWAR.

Still like the trade. And I'll take a C over a corner OF guy any day. But Marsh would be nice to have right now for sure