• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/29/23 12pm Pacific) Angels @ Blue Jays: Detmers on the mound, no Neto

1 hour ago, Angelfan79 said:

Why why do they keep believing in Jose Barria (BARFia)!!! Same thing with this guy for years!!!! Get rid of him Perry!!!!  

And stupid ass coop the Loop always gives up runs don’t know why they put him into the game as we all knew what was going to happen.

1 hour ago, HBAngel13 said:

25 game stretch against winning teams update:

• 0-2 record
  • 0 for 17 with runners in scoring position  
  • 29 of the 54 batting outs by K
  • Ward likely out for the year
  • Ohtani has cramps
  • Escobar Rendoned himself
  • Neto can’t play
  • Loup turns back into a pumpkin

Did I miss anything?

Nevin getting a reputation for going road rage with the umpires which probably has begun to result with resentment. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I'll give Perry some props for trying to position this team for at least a wild card run this year. Giolito is a decent SP and Lopez I think will strengthen this bullpen. He filled two needs for the stretch run. The two prospects may or may not pan out in the future. He had to go all in for this year.

We will get a good number of key players back real soon. Hope Neto's complaint is minor. 

And if not this year, re-sign Ohtani, Giolito, López, and Moore, and damn the luxury tax through 2026 (Rendon’s $35m finally removed).

17 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Nevin getting a reputation for going road rage with the umpires which probably has begun to result with resentment. 

Where did MLB get some of these umps?    In front of Lowe’s?

When is Rob Manfraud going to finally use some sort of robo ball/strikes help?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Missed the last third of the game, can anyone tell me if anyone on the blue Jays was at least brushed back or hit 1) for Chapman's comments yesterday and  2) in retaliation for Ward?

I don't think the Jays intentionally hit Ward, but they intentionally pitched high and tight to get in the hitters heads when they had base runners on. The Jays wanted it more and were willing to absorb the collateral damage of hitting someone to do it.

If it takes a bean ball game to take the next one tomorrow the Angels should prepare to do it. They need to be pitching high and tight all day. 

Just now, T-angel said:

Missed the last third of the game, can anyone tell me if anyone on the blue Jays was at least brushed back or hit 1) for Chapman's comments yesterday and  2) in retaliation for Ward?

I don't think the Jays intentionally hit Ward, but they intentionally pitched high and tight to get in the hitters heads when they had base runners on. The Jays wanted it more and were willing to absorb the collateral damage of hitting someone to do it.

If it takes a bean ball game to take the next one tomorrow the Angels should prepare to do it. They need to be pitching high and tight all day. 

This is just what the Angels need to do. Injure some Blue Jays players, get a benches clearing fight going and have multiple players injured and suspended.

Just brilliant, T-Baller.

5 minutes ago, T-angel said:

Don't be dumb. 

11 minutes ago, T-angel said:

I’ll pile on here. They didn’t purposely throw up and in to Ward. It was a 2-0 count with the bases loaded. It was a pitch that got away. Nothing more. 

1 hour ago, T-angel said:

It does bother me that this team has not had it in them to retaliate in any way for the past several years.  I wouldn’t be in favor of taking out one of their players, not at all, but I also think there’s nothing wrong if one of their guys got plunked on the thigh or the ass. There’s several very good teams out there that wouldn’t have tolerated their guy getting hit like that. 

1 hour ago, T-angel said:

1) Chapman was right.

2) Can the Angels afford a bean ball game right now? How many more players do they need on the IL?

6 minutes ago, 79CAAman said:

It does bother me that this team has not had it in them to retaliate in any way for the past several years.  I wouldn’t be in favor of taking out one of their players, not at all, but I also think there’s nothing wrong if one of their guys got plunked on the thigh or the ass. There’s several very good teams out there that wouldn’t have tolerated their guy getting hit like that. 

What would that accomplish?  

7 minutes ago, 79CAAman said:

"Tolerated". Lol. Honestly, just some of the dumbest comments I've ever seen on this board are in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

"Tolerated". Lol. Honestly, just some of the dumbest comments I've ever seen on this board are in this thread. 

It’s one of the anticipated problems with having a great presence on Twitter. Chuck, Geoff and the team do a great job on Twitter but it does bring some of that nonsense here.