• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/29/23 12pm Pacific) Angels @ Blue Jays: Detmers on the mound, no Neto

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Game over. Angels hitters strike out 15 times. Awful.

Low point of the season right after a high point. This team will ruin my sanity.

Blue Jays just knocked out one of our better players too, possibly a career ending thing. Or very career altering.

I suddenly hate the fuck out of this Toronto squad.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Lol, come on dude. You gotta get back to living in the real world. Adding Giolito and not trading Ohtani didn't change this team from pretender to contender.

Oh yeah I already knew their chances were slim to make it. All I wanted was to make it a meaningful August and September which we haven't had here since 2015. I've forgotten what a meaningful pennant race feels like. 

Mariners are now technically ahead of the Angels, pending the outcome of their game tonight.  I find it somewhat odd that everyone keeps focusing on the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and Blue Jays, and virtually no one mentions the Mariners or even the Guardians (who are a game and a half behind the Angels now). 

I mean what else can be said other than, what do you expect? No Drury, Neto, Trout, O’hoppe, Adell, and now Ward. Backup catcher and our projected opening day first baseman didn’t play at all. 

We were all pumped up by the Pirates series and bought when we probably shouldn’t have. 

angels baseball in a nut shell…. 

oh and fuck the blue jays. With the antics of Chapman in game 1 and then hitting ward in the face in game 2. 

Just now, TroutField said:

I mean what else can be said other than, what do you expect? No Drury, Neto, Trout, O’hoppe, Adell, and now Ward. Backup catcher and our projected opening day first baseman didn’t play at all. 

We were all pumped up by the Pirates series and bought when we probably shouldn’t have. 

angels baseball in a nut shell…. 

oh and fuck the blue jays. With the antics of Chapman in game 1 and then hitting ward in the face in game 2. 

Two things:

1. Walsh did play.  He just sucked when he did.

2. Manoah clearly wasn't trying to hit Ward.

I'll give Perry some props for trying to position this team for at least a wild card run this year. Giolito is a decent SP and Lopez I think will strengthen this bullpen. He filled two needs for the stretch run. The two prospects may or may not pan out in the future. He had to go all in for this year.

We will get a good number of key players back real soon. Hope Neto's complaint is minor. 

25 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Mariners are now technically ahead of the Angels, pending the outcome of their game tonight.  I find it somewhat odd that everyone keeps focusing on the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and Blue Jays, and virtually no one mentions the Mariners or even the Guardians (who are a game and a half behind the Angels now). 

It's because, much like the Angels, the Guardians and Mariners are not contenders.