• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SI: Angels take Shohei Ohtani off trade market, will buy

mmc

Or.. instead of using this as leverage… maybe they are actually going to push for the postseason🤯

Cant believe people are dissatisfied with this, when was the last time we can say the Angels were in a position to actually go for it?

If someone told me before the season started that Angels would be deadline buyers, id have been through the roof with excitement. 

1 minute ago, OhtaniSan said:

Or.. instead of using this as leverage… maybe they are actually going to push for the offseason🤯

Cant believe people are dissatisfied with this, when was the last time we can say the Angels were in a position to actually go for it?

If someone told me before the season started that Angels would be deadline buyers, id have been through the roof with excitement. 

For me it’s not dissatisfaction but the fact that it makes no sense.

If true, the team better win all but one or two games before the deadline.

I think it's a mistake not to trade him. If you don't trade him then you don't trade anyone else either...

Hard decision, but this is the camp that I'm pitching my tent in...no pun intended!

Edited by REDneck

As much as I love the idea of a deep playoff run, the chances feel slim even with some strategic adds. The next 25 games after the Detroit series are very tough and I have a hard time believing they have a 15-10 run in them, especially how they have played tough completion so far this season. In fact the opposite feels more likely

They are in a no-win situation unless they pull off a playoff berth and make some noise in the postseason

if it was me, I would move him if the talent package was strong and you got 1-2 guys who are MLB ready. if you can’t resign him, use the $30m to bolster the pitching and add a bat  Plus, Ohtani leaving may mean that Arte goes through with a sale soon. A change of ownership coupled with a talent influx is the best possible outcome for me

Just now, VladdyforHOF said:

You're totally fried. What catcher should the Angels target? I've heard literally no one say the Angels need to trade for a catcher. This team has enough catching depth.

But you are like every front office mind put into one, right?

Read the board, there’s a few of us who’ve noticed that Wallach doesn’t have a single hit the last 5-6 weeks. It was like June 13th the last time he had a hit. So yea upgrading him is a good idea while we wait for Yogi. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Read the board, there’s a few of us who’ve noticed that Wallach doesn’t have a single hit the last 5-6 weeks. It was like June 13th the last time he had a hit. So yea upgrading him is a good idea while we wait for Yogi. 

And we're a September injury away from banking on Okey as our secondary. Wallach is probably claimed when O'Hoppe returns. We still need catcher depth, and it's an easy thing to try and pick off cheaply now. 
May not be necessary, but if a need arises, it sure will feel good knowing it was addressed now.