• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/25/23 3:30 Pacific) Angels @ Tigers: Canning on the mound, Neto scratched from lineup

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Loup continues his recent success, getting a save this time and allowing no runs with the runner on 2nd.

Nevin has work to do though with how to manage the pen.

Now Estevez may be unavailable the next 2 days.

No excuse to not have Loup pitch the 9th

They need to take the training wheels off of the bullpen guys. Their load limiting to get injuries under control flat out hasn’t worked and it’s crunch time, we need our best out there if they are healthy. Obviously within reason… Tamin’s bullpen matrix can start again in spring training. 

Guys....If you remember, The Angel pitching gurus (like it or not) count Estevez warming up as pitching 1 day. Many teams use a closer in a 4 run game, if he warmed up for a save situation. Just happy to have the win and the bright side is maybe we can now count on Loup, who was fantastic in 2021 before sucking the last 1 1/2 years.

Soriano has great stuff, but prone to wildness that he can't overcome. It's nice to have someone like Loup ready in the 6th or 7th inning, If Soriano doesn't have it.

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

They need to take the training wheels off of the bullpen guys. Their load limiting to get injuries under control flat out hasn’t worked and it’s crunch time, we need our best out there if they are healthy. Obviously within reason… Tamin’s bullpen matrix can start again in spring training. 

Ok who would that be?  

Went away thinking 4 run lead in ninth was safe. So much for that. Got to watch the bottom of that inning on replay and I have to say that's the second time this year Moniak has tried to make a basket catch in the outfield and come up empty during a crucial time in the game. It's the reason why I say it's alarming how many fundamental mistakes catching and throwing the baseball have occurred this year.  At least we won the game this time. Next time Moniak tries to make a basket catch he owes us 50 push ups. 

Just now, TroutField said:

What do you mean? 

im referring to Estevez not being available for the rest of the series after being used today. 

Oh I’m sorry. My bad. I thought you meant they held back arms tonight because of the matrix. 

10 minutes ago, T-angel said:

Went away thinking 4 run lead in ninth was safe. So much for that. Got to watch the bottom of that inning on replay and I have to say that's the second time this year Moniak has tried to make a basket catch in the outfield and come up empty during a crucial time in the game. It's the reason why I say it's alarming how many fundamental mistakes catching and throwing the baseball have occurred this year.  At least we won the game this time. Next time Moniak tries to make a basket catch he owes us 50 push ups. 

Lou Brown nods head in approval.