• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is this Adell’s defining moment?

This is Adell's time! honestly start him in rf, move Renfroe to 1st, Mike M to the bench and Micky at Center. I also Think that Wards is coming around and expect him to het around 260 with a 340ish OBP throughout the rest of the season. We need production from the bottom of the line-up, we'll need thaiss's bat to come around, line drive approach and who ever is taking over for SS and 3rd.  

34 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

This is Adell's time! honestly start him in rf, move Renfroe to 1st, Mike M to the bench and Micky at Center. I also Think that Wards is coming around and expect him to het around 260 with a 340ish OBP throughout the rest of the season. We need production from the bottom of the line-up, we'll need thaiss's bat to come around, line drive approach and who ever is taking over for SS and 3rd.  

Lol. With a .340ish slugging percentage too? So still not even a .700 OPS player. And that's about his upside.

Ward fucking sucks. If they don't trade him or bench him and play Adell in LF for the rest of the season then they're fucking nuts.

5 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Adell needs to play on a nearly everyday basis. Will he? probably not, unless he gets scorching hot. 

Might as well see what the kids can do, especially once Neto & O'Hoppe are back. 

It kinda worked for the Phillies last year.

Great advice when we are out of the race.  Not now

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Great advice when we are out of the race.  Not now

@stormngt, there are only three players on the roster that were starters when the season began, Ohtani, Ward and Renfroe. The rest are now b level replacement players. No team stays in the race playing every game with only three of 9 starters and the rest AAAA talent.

The Angels are no longer a competitive team. Ward is well below league average as a hitter and Renfroe just at league average. Playing Adell over Renfroe or Ward will not hamper their chances of winning and may just be an improvement. 

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Actually, I think it would be better to put Moniak in CF with Adell in left, and Renfroe in right. I don't know if Adell quite has the throwing arm for right field, and we know that Renfroe does. Also, Renfroe is not a good defensive first baseman. Ward can ride the pine and be the fourth or fifth outfielder, or be a starter in SLC. Adell has earned his shot. The few at-bats with the big club this year have been rather substantial--a homerun on his very first at-bat a couple of weeks ago--and promptly rewarded with a free ticket back to SLC--and today a triple. He either has it at the major league level or he doesn't. He has nothing more to prove in AAA. Also, he has shown defensive improvement and worked his tail off. He has all-around better talent than Ward, and subsequently, should be supplanting Ward in the regular lineup.

I like Ward; I have nothing against him. Very few players have legitimate major-league talent. He is good enough to be a fill in and substitute, which is better than 99% of the world's baseball players. There is no shame in that, either. He gets to play ball for a living -- in his case, a very lucrative living. Because he is on a major league, 40-man roster, he is assured of making a very good living playing AAA ball with the occasional call-up. I would've given my eye teeth to have been so blessed when I was his age. He gets to play baseball for a living; he reaps a fantastic salary and benefits; his friends, family, and others in his sphere know this, and he has their admiration. He has nothing to hang his head about. It is that he is just not talented enough to be a major league starter. That is just the way it is. 

23 hours ago, Stradling said:

He will be platooned. 

4 outfielders for 3 spots and platoon duty at 1st. This is not the same as platooning him with Moniak for one spot. Or even a three way platoon for two spots.. honestly.

Against lefties, I expect it to be a Ward/Adell/Renfroe OF with Drury playing 1st and Rengifo or Escobar playing 2nd. But It could also be Ward/Moniak/Adell with Renfroe playing 1st and Drury playing 2nd.

Against Righties, it will be Ward/Moniak/Adell or Adell/Moniak/Renfroe depending on matchups.

Just now, Hubs said:

4 outfielders for 3 spots and platoon duty at 1st. This is not the same as platooning him with Moniak for one spot. Or even a three way platoon for two spots.. honestly.

Against lefties, I expect it to be a Ward/Adell/Renfroe OF with Drury playing 1st and Rengifo or Escobar playing 2nd. But It could also be Ward/Moniak/Adell with Renfroe playing 1st and Drury playing 2nd.

Against Righties, it will be Ward/Moniak/Adell or Adell/Moniak/Renfroe depending on matchups.

Or I guess Ward/Moniak/Renfroe against Righties is Possible too. Still...

On 7/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, VladdyforHOF said:

What is being out of the race to you? Like mathematically eliminated? Like need to at least 10 GB in the WC by the end of July?

We are not out of the race when our elimination number is 69!!!  65 for the for the Division title. 

So but those who constantly have a defeatist attitude are losers.  You get joy by bitching about being a loser.

The way things are going we very well could be out of the race by the trade deadline.  But do not try to convince me that 4 games back with 73 games to play!

Its one thing when speculating if we should be sellers.  Its another to start benching oeople and giving "the kids a chance".

I am sorry but that is pathetic.

Edited by stormngt

On 7/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, Blarg said:

@stormngt, there are only three players on the roster that were starters when the season began, Ohtani, Ward and Renfroe. The rest are now b level replacement players. No team stays in the race playing every game with only three of 9 starters and the rest AAAA talent.

The Angels are no longer a competitive team. Ward is well below league average as a hitter and Renfroe just at league average. Playing Adell over Renfroe or Ward will not hamper their chances of winning and may just be an improvement. 

Yea all way below average players have a 1 War at All Star Break 

On 7/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, Blarg said:

We are not out of the race when our elimination number is standing at 69!!!

I understand the pessimism.  But you are a loser if you are giving up with your elimination number is 69.

ward has really struggled this year, and there doesn't seem to be enough reasons to keep him in the lineup. everyone else seems to have hit the wall, too, and it seems pretty unreasonable to expect them to gain ground in the playoff race in the coming weeks because of it. throw in that trout is out for at least a month, and rendon remains a big question mark, and there's no reason to let ward keep playing.

put in adell and let him have at it.

7 hours ago, stormngt said:

We are not out of the race when our elimination number is 69!!!  65 for the for the Division title. 

So but those who constantly have a defeatist attitude are losers.  You get joy by bitching about being a loser.

The way things are going we very well could be out of the race by the trade deadline.  But do not try to convince me that 4 games back with 73 games to play!

Its one thing when speculating if we should be sellers.  Its another to start benching oeople and giving "the kids a chance".

I am sorry but that is pathetic.

It’s almost like fans project their personality on the opinion of the team. Almost. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

It’s almost like fans project their personality on the opinion of the team. Almost. 

Is this in reference to me or people i am commenting about?

Yes, i guess i do project my personality in my comments.   I don't  quit.  If there is even a slight chance i don't quit.  And i hate quitters.