• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Guardians (5/12/23): Anderson on the mound

26 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

That move to intentionally walk Naylor, loading the bases, to get to the weaker hitter in Brennan took some balls

You know what takes balls?  Walking in a runner to get to weaker runner.  Call me when his cajones get that big.

I don't know if you got a chance to ask Nevin this post-game tonight, but if not, maybe it's something you could follow up on tomorrow: why did Nevin wait until the 2-2 count on Renfroe to pinch-run Phillips for Rendon? And he didn't even do it right when it got to a 2-2 count. He did it after Renfroe fouled off three pitches in a 2-2 count.

EDIT— oh, didn’t realize you aren’t in Cleveland. Nvm.

Edited by Trendon

6 minutes ago, Trendon said:

@Jeff Fletcher I don't know if you got a chance to ask Nevin this post-game tonight, but if not, maybe it's something you could follow up on tomorrow: why did Nevin wait until the 2-2 count on Renfroe to pinch-run Phillips for Rendon? And he didn't even do it right when it got to a 2-2 count. He did it after Renfroe fouled off three pitches in a 2-2 count.

Because he didn’t even think about it until then.  Solid managing 

10 minutes ago, REDneck said:

BTW Blarg hasn't chimed in...I hope he isn't getting jumped in the parking lot.

He went to the ER after eating too much cotton candy.

OR

He was thrown out of the stadium after trying to tell the ushers how to do their jobs. 

Great game tonight. It was in the 70's the whole game and only a light sprinkle around the 3rd inning that went away quickly. 

Waving Thaiss through was criminal so I hope there is a team fine for that stupidity. Estevez certainly made it more exciting than it need be but in the end he disappointed 30,000 Cleveland fans.

We came for a good game and it was worth every penny. I hope tomorrow is just as fun. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Great game tonight. It was in the 70's the whole game and only a light sprinkle around the 3rd inning that went away quickly. 

Waving Thaiss through was criminal so I hope there is a team fine for that stupidity. Estevez certainly made it more exciting than it need be but in the end he disappointed 30,000 Cleveland fans.

We came for a good game and it was worth every penny. I hope tomorrow is just as fun. 

How bout dem boys!

1 hour ago, cals said:

Because he didn’t even think about it until then.  Solid managing 

Maybe it had to do with the count?  The other thing is umpires checking a pitcher’s hands during an inning?   Don’t believe I’ve ever seen that unless requested by the opposing manager.

Edited by Revad

10 minutes ago, Revad said:

Maybe it had to do with the count?  The other thing is umpires checking a pitcher’s hands during an inning?   Don’t believe I’ve ever seen that unless requested by the opposing manager.

It was a good decision but I think it was last minute/second.  I like Nevin, but I think it just dawned on him late.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

If you watch the replay it looked like an errand throw. Ramierz, race over and ball bounced up perfect to him.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

I don't know if you got a chance to ask Nevin this post-game tonight, but if not, maybe it's something you could follow up on tomorrow: why did Nevin wait until the 2-2 count on Renfroe to pinch-run Phillips for Rendon? And he didn't even do it right when it got to a 2-2 count. He did it after Renfroe fouled off three pitches in a 2-2 count.

EDIT— oh, didn’t realize you aren’t in Cleveland. Nvm.

Your answer can be found within....https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/mike-trout-s-double-sparks-angels-rally-in-9th

Nice comeback. Good to see some manufactured runs. Rendon had a smart at bat in the ninth, making contact and hitting it where it was pitched. Renfrew battled. Trout finally got a pitch in his wheelhouse. Pitching velocity is over rated if you can't control it and mix it up with other pitches. 

It looked like some poor defense and baserunning were going to cost the game. They need to tighten up on fundamentals and have more positional stability. Estevez bent, but didn't break. So far, so good as a closer. Starting pitching not great, but at least no big innings allowed. Moore one big mistake. Can't overuse him. 

Now get back to winning a series and a tougher challenge against the Orioles. Important road trip.

A minor thing that irks me. He always was Terry Francona with the Expos. Tito Francona played for the Cleveland Indians alongside Rocky Colavito, Jimmy Piersall, Johnny Romano, Vic Power, Gary 'ding dong' Bell, 'sudden' Sam McDowell and a perennial middle of the pack team. I have their baseball cards! I have Terry's rookie card  too. Each with their own name. Being given your dad's exact  nickname seems a bit silly. Two different people with their own personas.