• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels (5/10/23 1pm): Canning on the mound

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

Sosh would have found another way to lose the game though.  His last few years wasted alot of opportunities.  But I like Sosh as a person, and for what he did early on.  The game just passed him by.

Last few years he had no talent.  Yet still won 80 games two of last three years.  

Bunt probably brings in the tying run.  That doesn't mean they still couldn't lose in extras.

Two on and no outs.  Made no sense not to bunt.  There was no need for the "Big inning" because base hit wins the game.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

So if he bunted, and it was a successful bunt (not a given) what did the next batter do?

Yes dude...what actually occured was so much better than your hypothetical!

3 hours ago, REDneck said:

It's a whole different scenario and AB for Thaiss with runners at 3@2 and one out.

Maybe he pops up again...or maybe he is pitched different and wins the game with a big hit...Shit even a wild pitch bc he is being pitched different ties the game.

It's a alternate universe with a SAC bunt, and to say Thaiss would still pop out is flawed.

Deep,right!!

There is a decent possibility with runners at 2B and 3B with 1 out, they would walk Thaiss is set up a double play. Then the pitcher has more pressure to throw strikes.

20 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

There is a decent possibility with runners at 2B and 3B with 1 out, they would walk Thaiss is set up a double play. Then the pitcher has more pressure to throw strikes.

Sure I guess that would of been a possibility.

But they are going to IBB Thaiss who although is doing well now is not known to be much of a threat.

So they IBB Thaiss and now have the bases jammed where a BB can tie the game.

I don't think they would do that....I would of much rather seen that scenario..one out and bases jammed up than what actually transpired.

But I agree, a def possibility.