• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Starting pitching has been thoroughly disappointing

3 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Lots of stats out there to back this up, but the most obvious to me is the walk rate.   2nd highest in baseball among starters.  

Personally, I think it has something to do with their high use of off speed and breaking balls.  1st is slider usage and 2nd in change usage.  

It's because none of those land near the strike zone. If the were located on the corners for weak contact it would be one thing but having them sail over and across the strike zone into unhittable territory is what is killing the pitching. Nothing like seeing these guys go 0-2 then launch three balls over the batter's eye line or into the other batters box or into the dirt to set up a 3-2 count, then go downtown with a fastball just to see how far it can travel the opposite direction.

Thousand dollar fines for going 3-2 and tripled if they started 0-2. 

Not sure what to do from here, but Suarez maybe to the bullpen or make up an imaginary hamstring injury. 

add Silseth into the rotation, have to keep hoping for the best out of Detmers, Canning, and Anderson. 

feels like the pitching is in big time trouble. 

Yeah, I wrote about this in the game day thread. Other than Ohtani and Sandoval, everyone else has pitched like a #5 (or worse) starter. I suppose one silver lining is that Anderson has two decent starts in a row.

But I'm especially disappointed in Detmers. He was really good in the second half, and seemed poised for a breakthrough to legit #2-3 level. Now he looks back to square one, or early last year. But he's young and its early. Blah blah.

I pretty much wrote Canning off as the type of pitcher you're happy to have in the back-end of your rotation. I don't think he's ever going to be more than maybe a good #4 starter.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Great pull. Mass Effect 3 had the best DLC of any game ever (followed closely by The Witcher 3).

Yep. Never played Witcher 3, but I love Mass Effect and the DLC. The Outer Worlds has some good DLC too, it would be right up your alley  

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I pretty much wrote Canning off as the type of pitcher you're happy to have in the back-end of your rotation. I don't think he's ever going to be more than maybe a good #4 starter.

It’s a good thing he’s healthy to this point.  He gets a start against the Astros so I’ll be interested in seeing if he can pitch 6 complete.

3 minutes ago, failos said:

Yep. Never played Witcher 3, but I love Mass Effect and the DLC. The Outer Worlds has some good DLC too, it would be right up your alley  

Speaking of The Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds is one of the best games of all time.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The philosophy to throw more breaking pitches is the cause. 

I can’t say I’ve paid that close attention but could it be there is an issue with fastball command and that’s why they are throwing more breaking stuff?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I can’t say I’ve paid that close attention but could it be there is an issue with fastball command and that’s why they are throwing more breaking stuff?

Do you think Shohei has a problem with fastball command?  They are using breaking and off speed stuff to combat the lack of shift. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Speaking of The Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds is one of the best games of all time.

I still need to play that. Obviously the two games are completely different, but the outer wilds is my kind of game for sure