• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Today: Executive, Former MLB Player and Prospect Analyst Discuss Angels Top Young Players

• Chuck changed the title to AngelsWin Today: Executive, Former MLB Player and Prospect Analyst Discuss Angels Top Young Players

Love this - what a fun read. Definitely pushes the optimism up a bit. Love the bit about Paris slowing down the game.

O'Hoppe is turning into a really good acquisition. I miss Marsh, but toolsy outfielders are a lot easier to come by than leadership catchers who can hit and catch. I'm getting a bit of a Jason Varitek vibe from him.

4 hours ago, AngelsWin.com said:

I think we had several guys who had shown more velocity – Landon Marceaux has shown more velocity.

This is intriguing. He already had a pretty impressive 2022 campaign (90.2 IP 0.95 WHIP) but if he can be a 93-95 guy instead of a 90-92 and pair that with his off-speed stuff and command there is a chance for some middle of the rotation upside in my opinion.

Edited by rafibomb

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was also encouraged by the comments on Adams. With stolen bases up this year, he might be a great second half fourth (or fifth) outfielder option.

Ahhh shit, don't let Angels fan 1991 (or what every year) know about Adams being an option 4th option in the outfield. He's still going on and on about Moniak being the 4th option. 

52 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

This is intriguing. He already had a pretty impressive 2022 campaign (90.2 IP 0.95 WHIP) but if he can be a 93-95 guy instead of a 90-92 and pair that with his off-speed stuff and command there is a chance for some middle of the rotation upside in my opinion.

Always felt like he was a sneaky pick! If velo and stuff has improved your looking at big step in upside. 

Thank you for writing this @taylorblakeward

This is what I was talking about in my article about why I'm excited for this season. There were so many prospects this year who really took moderate to big steps forward, and put themselves in discussion for major league futures. We have the talent to make trades for a stretch drive. We have younger players who can offset the costs so that we can resign Ohtani while still having Trout and Rendon on the payroll. We have the developing talent so that if anyone in the majors truly struggles, we don't have to put up with it for a whole season, like last year. Our talent isn't all at the lower levels, it's now rising up to the upper levels, and the Angels aren't afraid to challenge their prospects.

There is a lot to be excited about. I think our farm system is a bit underrated, and at the midseason point, I won't be surprised if we are ranked several spots higher. We have several players who are future Top-100 prospects. 

13 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Awesome work @taylorblakeward! Very thorough and love to see the optimism in the minors. I couldn't care less about where they are "ranked" as this is the most optimistic I have been for the minors in a decade plus really.

I totally agree @HeavenlyHalos. I do think our system is vastly underrated, but like you said who cares.