• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Max Stassi

Torridd

Stassi had a career year at the plate back in 2020 (as did most random players) and has been, to me, boring since then.

Sanchez brings some defensive help. Fairly good pop time and fairly good arm. The bat? Yeah that's been lost since 2017 BUT, he's got some good power and hits slightly better than Stassi so pick your poison. 

Personally, I like Sanchez. 

43 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Stassi had a career year at the plate back in 2020 (as did most random players) and has been, to me, boring since then.

Sanchez brings some defensive help. Fairly good pop time and fairly good arm. The bat? Yeah that's been lost since 2017 BUT, he's got some good power and hits slightly better than Stassi so pick your poison. 

With Arte back halos will now stay under lux tax so sad to say Angel's are done adding.

Stassi will get $14 M over the next two years so he's here. Let's hope he can improve his 2022 OPS+ of 62.

I'm not high on Sanchez but if they don't think O'Hoppe is ready they will need another option. 

My hope is that O'Hoppe makes the opening day roster and gets the majority of the starts this year. He finishes in the top 3 of the ROY voting and the Angels get an additional draft pick.

5 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I'm really pinning my hopes on O'Hoppe. I think he looked pretty good the few games he got into last year. He had a good year in the minors, and l'm thinking he makes the team out ST camp...

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Why is that? Genuinely asking. A quick Google search proved unfruitful.

I went over this in another thread... search for "Gary Sanchez is a POS" and you'll find your answer.

Catchers tend to have erratic careers - I think it has to do with the wear and tear on the body. I mean, squatting that much hurts (I'd imagine).

Look at Johnny Bench's career. He's widely considered the greatest catcher of all time, and he would alternate MVP caliber hitting seasons with merely decent ones. Other catchers have sharp drop-offs - like Jason Kendall or Joe Mauer, for that matter.

I'd imagine Stassi bounces back some and will be at least solid, but who knows.