• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels avoid arbitration with Griffin Canning ($850K), Taylor Ward ($2.75M), Patrick Sandoval ($2.75M), Jared Walsh ($2.65M), Jaime Barria ($1.05M)

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels avoid arbitration with Griffin Canning ($850K)
  • mmc changed the title to Angels avoid arbitration with Griffin Canning ($850K), Taylor Ward ($2.75M)
  • mmc changed the title to Angels avoid arbitration with Griffin Canning ($850K), Taylor Ward ($2.75M), Patrick Sandoval ($2.75M)
  • mmc changed the title to Angels avoid arbitration with Griffin Canning ($850K), Taylor Ward ($2.75M), Patrick Sandoval ($2.75M), Jared Walsh ($2.65M)

Here's the full list with projections courtesy of mlbtraderumors.com

Angels (10)

Wallach is not currently on the 40 man, so I don't think he's eligible. He was on the 40 man when they did projections, so I am including him here. We'll see if they report an arb case or settlement. Maybe it's a split salary? I don't know.

• mmc changed the title to Angels avoid arbitration with Griffin Canning ($850K), Taylor Ward ($2.75M), Patrick Sandoval ($2.75M), Jared Walsh ($2.65M), Jaime Barria ($1.05M)

Angels (10)

Wallach is not currently on the 40 man, so I don't think he's eligible. He was on the 40 man when they did projections, so I am including him here. We'll see if they report an arb case or settlement. Maybe it's a split salary? I don't know.

9 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Angels (10)

That’s probably an error regarding Wallach.  I don’t think he qualifies since he isn’t on the 40 man roster, as you noted.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If Sandoval continues to pitch like he did last season, even if he doesn't get better, he is going to cost a lot come free agency. They are going to need to lock him up after 2023. 

He's a Super 2. This means he has four seasons of arbitration, starting with 23. They dont need to lock him up until before 2026. Same goes for Ward. They'll be late free agency guys Sandoval getting there at his age 30 season, Ward at his age 33.

So, there are 3 players we did not come to terms with, including two of the most expensive ones - Renfroe, Urshela, Rengifo.  Sometimes, when teams don't come to terms with players, they seem to negotiate multi-year deals instead.  Given the sheer dearth of OF options, I wonder if we could perhaps negotiate a multi-year deal with Renfroe.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

So, there are 3 players we did not come to terms with, including two of the most expensive ones - Renfroe, Urshela, Rengifo.  Sometimes, when teams don't come to terms with players, they seem to negotiate multi-year deals instead.  Given the sheer dearth of OF options, I wonder if we could perhaps negotiate a multi-year deal with Renfroe.

He’s the only one who I think they could possibly extend.

I think they’d want to see more out of Rengifo first, and Urshela probably would prefer to sign longer-term on a team where his spot is clear.