• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Eovaldi and Kluber

mmc

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kluber/Cueto/Wacha would be the 4th starter.

Ohtani, Sandoval, Anderson, Above, Detmers, Suarez

This would be fine with me.  I'd be happy with any of those 3.  They aren't exciting, but it adds another tier of depth that we need.

Kluber is still my preferred option, but if we are playing the luxury tax game, it might be hard to fit him on the team.  We have ~12mil of space, and I imagine his contract would be roughly in that neighborhood.  That would leave no wiggle room to operate.

That aside, my goal would be to essentially find someone on a modest 1 year deal.  As it is, we have 4 guys slotted to be part of the rotation for 3 or more years, and obviously our goal is to sign Ohtani, who would make five.  We have various interesting prospects coming through the pipeline, too, and it seems likely that at least one or two will become solid options.

As noted above - Suarez might be the biggest question mark, in terms of how he can adapt to pitching with the pitch clock.  I don't know though - as long as he can adapt, his pitch adjustment seemed to serve him well, such that I think he could be considered a "normal" SP (and not just a two times through the lineup guy).

I'm pleased with our SP.  I think we need one more, but I think all of our most other critical issues (OF, IF, depth) have essentially been already addressed this offseason.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

This would be fine with me.  I'd be happy with any of those 3.  They aren't exciting, but it adds another tier of depth that we need.

Kluber is still my preferred option, but if we are playing the luxury tax game, it might be hard to fit him on the team.  We have ~12mil of space, and I imagine his contract would be roughly in that neighborhood.  That would leave no wiggle room to operate.

That aside, my goal would be to essentially find someone on a modest 1 year deal.  As it is, we have 4 guys slotted to be part of the rotation for 3 or more years, and obviously our goal is to sign Ohtani, who would make five.  We have various interesting prospects coming through the pipeline, too, and it seems likely that at least one or two will become solid options.

As noted above - Suarez might be the biggest question mark, in terms of how he can adapt to pitching with the pitch clock.  I don't know though - as long as he can adapt, his pitch adjustment seemed to serve him well, such that I think he could be considered a "normal" SP (and not just a two times through the lineup guy).

I'm pleased with our SP.  I think we need one more, but I think all of our most other critical issues (OF, IF, depth) have essentially been already addressed this offseason.

I agree 1 more SP but add to BP trade or FA. Most starters will go 5 to 6 inn. Bounce back years from Loup and Tepera really important.

On 12/25/2022 at 10:09 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

This is why I don’t report this stuff. It creates the illusion that you know more than you do. There are guys I know the Angels have “discussed” but if I don’t know how serious it was, then there’s no point. Teams discuss everyone. Even in the case of making an offer, that can be misleading (as in Contreras). 

As far as I’m concerned, until there is an agreement, there is nothing. 

🥞 🐻

• Chuck locked this topic