• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Angels' Jason Vargas to have blood clot removed, sit out 3-4 weeks

Article says he should have time for a "few starts" before the July 31 trade deadline.  If he's out 3-4 weeks, not sure how he'll get a "few" starts in, given that it's already June 26.

My thought too.....this has been discussed but not sure we should consider trading him, even if he gets healthy in a hurry....we don't have any starting pitching depth in the organization and the FA market is weak...if he's reasonable, I would sign him....

My thought too.....this has been discussed but not sure we should consider trading him, even if he gets healthy in a hurry....we don't have any starting pitching depth in the organization and the FA market is weak...if he's reasonable, I would sign him....

Agree. Sucks for him that this injury hits him on his walk year. Helps us by keeping the price and demand down a little.

I say sign him to an extension

If the team's greatest need is pitching, why would they consider trading their best pitcher?

The team's best pitcher all depends on their last start, LOL.  Most people can't project what might be the best rotation.  But I agree with you, why the rush to trade him?  I think there is an adjustment period for all players coming fresh into an organization.  Why keep dumping them out after you have invested in acclimating them into the team.

He'll be back in the heat of a pennant race

You mean us trying to beat Texas the last four games of the regular season to spoil them from winning a division pennant? 

I agree completely. I also believe we should rest our best starters and position players during the four game series against the A's that happens immediatley before that last Rangers series  B)