• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/24/22) - Angels @ Rays - Mayers starting

mmc

Gosselin and Rojas are now a combined 11 for 103 with the Angels, with 1 BB, 35 K, and only 3 extra base hits.  I again ask why either one of them is still with the team.  There's zero chance either will contribute anything positive next year and they're just taking up space this year.

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Gosselin and Rojas are now a combined 11 for 103 with the Angels, with 1 BB, 35 K, and only 3 extra base hits.  I again ask why either one of them is still with the team.  There's zero chance either will contribute anything positive next year and they're just taking up space this year.

Maybe Minasian thought they had really cool looking baseball cards.  He relies on that kind of stuff and has quite a collection 😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm pretty sure we're running out of crappy players to continue replacing the crappy players. Might as well start picking out fans from the stands who brought their gloves. 

22 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Those numbers are kind of hard to believe.

This is the worst, most dismal season I can recall, and that despite the good start. Just horrific.

20 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm pretty sure we're running out of crappy players to continue replacing the crappy players. Might as well start picking out fans from the stands who brought their gloves. 

I get that they don't have many great options in the minors, but I really hope the "solution" to this isn't to activate Matt Duffy soon.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure both Kevin Maitan and Livan Soto have to be put on the 40-man in the off-season or exposed to the Rule 5 draft.  Honestly, why not just dump Gosselin and Rojas now, add Maitan and Soto, and see what they can do for the rest of the season.  Yes, they're both 22, you'd be starting their clocks, blah, blah, blah.  I don't give a shit.  That would be more beneficial to the future than trotting out absolute deadweight guys who are barely hitting .100. 

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Those numbers are kind of hard to believe.

This is the worst, most dismal season I can recall, and that despite the good start. Just horrific.

Hard to believe, yes--but unfortunately very true!

Edited by jsnpritchett

16 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Sounds like you should spend some time in batting cage.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I get that they don't have many great options in the minors, but I really hope the "solution" to this isn't to activate Matt Duffy soon.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure both Kevin Maitan and Livan Soto have to be put on the 40-man in the off-season or exposed to the Rule 5 draft.  Honestly, why not just dump Gosselin and Rojas now, add Maitan and Soto, and see what they can do for the rest of the season.  Yes, they're both 22, you'd be starting their clock, blah, blah, blah.  I don't give a shit.  That would be more beneficial to the future than trotting out absolute deadweight guys who are barely hitting .100. 

Hard to believe, yes--but unfortunately very true!

The short answer is because the GM is a friggin idiot way over his skis.

22 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

Barria is a Ghost. He has no value to this team in 2023. Out of options. Out of hair color. Out of self confidence.

He will probably resurface somewhere else and have success. 

Our bad.

Barria stepped on the mound with a 2.58 ERA and a 157 ERA+ in 66 innings of use, primarily in long relief.  He has been the most dependable arm out of the pen this year. Any team would jump on the chance of having a guy that can give you 4 scoreless innings when your starter fails to get out of the 2nd inning.  

Your bad is you watched tonight's game and made up your mind from one inning of work.  

10 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

Barria is a Ghost. He has no value to this team in 2023. Out of options. Out of hair color. Out of self confidence.

He will probably resurface somewhere else and have success. 

Our bad.

Barria has been solid all season.  He actually gave up no earned runs, which means his defense let him and the Angels down.  You also chose to ignore the 6-9 hitters who collectively went 0-15 with 10 strikeouts and 10 left on base.

But yeah, I guess in your mind this loss is on Barria.