• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which Angels Could Be Moved at the Trade Deadline: Breaking Down the 40-Man Roster

BTH

Thoughts? Will adjust players and/or categories depending on others’ thoughts.

Not Under Control Beyond 2022, Could Go:

Noah Syndergaard

Not Under Control Beyond 2022, Probably Not Going Due to No Value:

Matt Duffy
Kurt Suzuki

Not Under Control Beyond 2022, but Injured and Probably Not Going:

Archie Bradley

Michael Lorenzen

Under Control Beyond 2022, Could Go in the Right Deal:

Raisel Iglesias, Aaron Loup, José Quijada, Ryan Tepera

Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh, Taylor Ward

Under Control Beyond 2022, Probably Not Going:
Jaime Barría, Jose Marte, Oliver Ortega, Elvis Peguero, Andrew Wantz, Austin Warren

Davis Daniel, Reid Detmers, Jhonathan Diaz, Janson Junk, Kenny Rosenberg, Patrick Sandoval, Chase Silseth, José Suarez

Shohei Ohtani

Max Stassi, Matt Thaiss

David Fletcher, David MacKinnon, Anthony Rendon, Luis Rengifo, Michael Stefanic, Jared Walsh

Mike Trout

Currently Injured, Probably Not Going:

Jimmy Herget

Griffin Canning, Chris Rodriguez

No Value, Not Netting a Return:

Touki Toussaint

Chad Wallach, Phil Gosselin, Andrew Velazquez, Jonathan Villar, Dillon Thomas

17 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I feel like Barria might be get traded if there's a right deal for him. Really haven't had much of a need for him, and he's been solid. He can start and pitch in the BP. teams might be interesing in him. 

Not out of the question, for sure, but he doesn’t strike a ton of guys out (6.55 K/9) and his FIP (4.48) is meh.

If he got traded, I could see him going to a non-contending team to log innings post TDL rather than pitch in an increased role for a contender.

3 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Barria and Rengifo are the two I think could be moved. 

I just touched on Barría above.

As far as Rengifo, I’m not sure who’d be looking to acquire him. I don’t think a contender seeks him out and it’s not like the Angels have any better MIF options.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd add Walsh to the Ward group. If they'd trade one of Ward, Adell, or Marsh, I don't see why they wouldn't trade Walsh instead and slot Ward at 1B.

I thought about Walsh, but I didn’t include him because he hasn’t had a good year and they’d be selling low.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Or we'd be selling him for what he is, which is where I think he lands. 

I'd like to think he's a bit better than a 93 wRC+ hitter. Last year was 127, his career was 114. I'd like to think a typical Walsh season going forward is somewhere in that range. That would make him a decent regular.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd like to think he's a bit better than a 93 wRC+ hitter. Last year was 127, his career was 114. I'd like to think a typical Walsh season going forward is somewhere in that range. That would make him a decent regular.

I'll be honest, I haven't been watching for a while and had no idea he's been that crappy.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I'll be honest, I haven't been watching for a while and had no idea he's been that crappy.

Yeah, me neither (been watching). I watched games more religious than I had in years for the first month and a half, but somewhere in the losing streak I stopped watching. Then I watched a few games after, but don't think I've even turned on a game in weeks, if not a month or more.

32 minutes ago, Lou said:

Or we'd be selling him for what he is, which is where I think he lands. 

But who is gonna want to trade for a slightly below average 1B at the deadline?

If a team is trading for a 1B at the deadline, it’s because they want a meaningful upgrade (like Bell or Mancini)

Just now, Trendon said:

But who is gonna want to trade for a slightly below average 1B at the deadline?

If a team is trading for a 1B at the deadline, it’s because they want a meaningful upgrade (like Bell or Mancini)

Nobody.

30 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Noah Syndergaard is the only one that's going to be traded.  He won't bring back much.

there’s not a ton of rental SP’s available, or SP’s in general, so he’d probably get a decent return

Heaney was awful but still brought back 2 prospects last year.

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

there’s not a ton of rental SP’s available, or SP’s in general, so he’d probably get a decent return

Heaney was awful but still brought back 2 prospects last year.

Very good point.  If the Angels eat significant money, then he would bring in a decent prospect. 

They need to try and trade as many guys as possible for anything they can get if they aren't signed to a contract next year.  That's kind of a fart in a stiff wind.  And I would consider everyone who isn't locked in beyond next year as well...except Ohtani.  I'm waiting till the absolute last second to trade him.  With my horseshoe, and rabbit's foot and what ever voodoo is necessary hoping that by the deadline next year I can repair this team and have them in playoff contention with enough you talent to sway him to stay.  And if it doesn't work than so be it.  

Imagine how much different this offense looks if guys like Rengifo, Marsh, Adell and either Stefanic or Fletch can turn corners or rebound to league avg.  Same applies to Walsh and Stassi.  

For Ohtani, I am holding my breath until I blue and only giving up hope at the last possible second.  

And let's be real.  If we're 15 games below .500 at the deadline next year, they need to blow up the entire team.  Some think it should happen now, but I'll give them one more year.  Because as of right now, even though the team is a hot mess, I still think they can fix it for next year.  If everything they do or rely on goes wrong again then I don't know what to say.  

Oh and if you are going to trade guys this year, don't worry about your return being someone that can help for next year.  Just get as much value as you can.  Even if it's some guy you love in rookie ball.  Figure out how to improve your depth on the bench, your pen, your SP etc. during the off season.  

You just aren't gonna get much in the way of value for a guy like Sydergaard if you have to exchange him for a guy that could be ready next year.  Pull a Tatis or Yordan Alvarez out of you butt for once.  

26 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

They need to try and trade as many guys as possible for anything they can get if they aren't signed to a contract next year.  That's kind of a fart in a stiff wind.  And I would consider everyone who isn't locked in beyond next year as well...except Ohtani.  I'm waiting till the absolute last second to trade him.  With my horseshoe, and rabbit's foot and what ever voodoo is necessary hoping that by the deadline next year I can repair this team and have them in playoff contention with enough you talent to sway him to stay.  And if it doesn't work than so be it.  

Imagine how much different this offense looks if guys like Rengifo, Marsh, Adell and either Stefanic or Fletch can turn corners or rebound to league avg.  Same applies to Walsh and Stassi.  

For Ohtani, I am holding my breath until I blue and only giving up hope at the last possible second.  

And let's be real.  If we're 15 games below .500 at the deadline next year, they need to blow up the entire team.  Some think it should happen now, but I'll give them one more year.  Because as of right now, even though the team is a hot mess, I still think they can fix it for next year.  If everything they do or rely on goes wrong again then I don't know what to say.  

Fix it next year with who? What starting pitchers are going to come here. The list of pitchers that signed somewhere else is long. Robbie Ray, Marcus Stroman, Kevin Gausman, Tyler Anderson, Carlos Rodon, Alex Cobb, Alex Wood, Jon Gray plus others. Who did Angels get Noah Syndergarrd who did not pitch for 2 years and Michael Lorenzen who hasn't started a game since 2013. Rendon hurt for 2 years, Trout seems on IL a lot last 2 years. Angels end up with INF of Wade, Duffy, Fletcher, Villar, Goose, Velaquez, Stefanic and 1 bright spot with Rengifo. OF with Ward, Trout and Marsh seem ok when healthy. Replacements in OF Larges, Rojas, Adell, Thomas, Harrison, Wade and anyone else with a glove. This team is a mess plus has one of weakest minor league systems in all of baseball. I feel Ohtani will leave and next year will be the 8th straight losing season. I hope I'm wrong, but I see little hope for this team. Teams that are rebuilding have past halos and are better teams. Only Oakland is below Angels in AL now.