• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is there a pitcher in baseball who throws slower than weaver?

NrM

Its hard to believe but it seems that Jered Weaver might be another example of Jerry Dipoto poorly scouting a player. I know, when he gave him that extension he was pitching as good as ever but what has happened since? When you look at Weaver now, the decline in strikeout rate over the last few years becomes more indicative of overall decline. I remember mentioning his declining K rate a year or two ago here and getting attacked for it. And now look.

Its hard to believe but it seems that Jered Weaver might be another example of Jerry Dipoto poorly scouting a player. I know, when he gave him that extension he was pitching as good as ever but what has happened since? When you look at Weaver now, the decline in strikeout rate over the last few years becomes more indicative of overall decline. I remember mentioning his declining K rate a year or two ago here and getting attacked for it. And now look.

Reagins extended him, right?

I seriously would trade him. He will still have some value out there.

After today's news about Vargas, that little flicker of hope is way gone. With Big Game Weave's very friendly contract, he might fetch a nice booty...he needs to mix in another gem or 2 to signal he's ok, not sure if it's in there anymore. Lest we forget, his big baby bro had a swift decline from studly.

Hmm...What did he do since signing his extension?  Ah, that's right, he went 20-5 2.81 ERA 1.02 WHIP .214 BAA...

All while barely touching 90 in most of his starts...because he pitches instead of throws

His velocity was always around 87-89 after he signed the extension.

Now he's around 85-87. You seriously think that's not going to effect him?

Hmm...What did he do since signing his extension?  Ah, that's right, he went 20-5 2.81 ERA 1.02 WHIP .214 BAA...

All while barely touching 90 in most of his starts...because he pitches instead of throws

Yeah he's been great for the team for years, but he's over 30 and his velocity and peripherals are trending in the wrong direction. It's not good. Weav is one of my favorite Angels, but it's pretty obvious that his stuff isn't what it was last year or the year before. The fastball is dipping further and further and is nearly into ZIto levels

Weav throwing 88-90 = stud

Weav throwing 85-87 = what we see right now

I'm sorry but I see these threads all the time on this board.  A player struggles to find some consistency after being out for 2 months and suddenly he's done...and Mike Trout is fat and can't hit because he's playing LF instead of CF....and Frieri is done as a closer....and Howie is a unclutch loser...and Bourjos is mediocre...

I'm sorry but I see these threads all the time on this board.  A player struggles to find some consistency after being out for 2 months and suddenly he's done...and Mike Trout is fat and can't hit because he's playing LF instead of CF....and Frieri is done as a closer....and Howie is a unclutch loser...and Bourjos is mediocre...

There's a difference between speculation and facts...

You can't hide the fact that weaver's velocity is trending down. There aren't many(if any) players that can continue to pitch well when their velocity continues to slow down.

There's no way Weaver is going to be a number one pitcher anymore if his velocity doesn't come back.