• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Offense

Dear Friends:

I am requesting your feedback.  Overall, I believe the starting rotation has been acceptable.  Not great, but acceptable.  Overall the bullpen has been acceptable.  Again, not great, but acceptable. 

I don't understand the choices being made offensively.  They have offensive huge holes at shortstop and third.  There is a reason the Yankees gave up on Velasquez.  He's a great defensive shortstop but a winning team cannot have a shortstop hitting under .200 in the starting lineup.  A hitter who hits under .200 is basically a sure out.  Velasquez can be a late inning defensive replacement but giving him 4 to 5 at bats very game makes no sense to me.  It didn't to the Yankees as well. 

I know, it was impossible to predict that Rendon would be lost for the season again, but Taylor Wade or Jack Mayfield is not the answer.  Again, the Yankees released Wade because he can't hit.  Yes, he has great speed, but beyond walking or bunting for an occasional hit, he is an offensive liability. Lastly, why is Legares playing?  Another sure out.  If you want to compete for a playoff spot, having 3 to 4 everyday players that are incredibly poor offensively is not congruent with that goal.

To me, a much better and scarier batting order would be to move Taylor Ward to 3rd base and have Jo Adell play right.  Right now, there is too much pressure on the top of the batting order (Ward, Trout, Otani, and Marsh) to carry the load while the batting of the lower part of the order (Stassi, Velasquez, Wade, etc, languishes.  If you add Stefanic when he is off the DL, this batting order can be fearsome.  The way this batting order is currently constructed, there is no way it's playoff caliber.

Doesn't this batting order look deeper than the one with Velasquez, Wade and Leagares?

Taylor Ward 3b

Mike Trout Cf

Shohei Ohtani DH

Jared Walsh 1B

Jo Adell RF

Brandon Marsh LF

Matt Stassi C

Matt Duffy SS

Michael Stafanic (or Luis Renjifo until Stefanic is off the DL) 2B

I read this entire thread, and by no means, do I want to disrespect it but there is no less than 3-4 threads already started on your entire thread.  From everything from the offense to Rendon, not a single person here knows what to do.  It’s all speculation, but we are all frustrated as fans.  As I sit in this stadium, giving Arte and this organization all my money, I wonder what the fuck I’m doing?

I’m pretty good about controlling my emotions, but I’m really close to jumping on the FAILos thread, and venting on how I really feel.  

It sucks here in the stadium.  It really does.