• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tradez

Here's an idea:

image.png

Maybe the Angels offer variations, like the Red Sox can take Jackson or Adams instead of Barria/Davis.

The Angels get a premier SS for almost four years at $20M per. The Red Sox get a talented project in Adell, plus some usable parts.

Of course the city of Boston would freak out, which would make this all the more tempting.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Here's an idea:

image.png

Maybe the Angels offer variations, like the Red Sox can take Jackson or Adams instead of Barria/Davis.

The Angels get a premier SS for almost four years at $20M per. The Red Sox get a talented project in Adell, plus some usable parts.

Of course the city of Boston would freak out, which would make this all the more tempting.

I would do that.  Adell no longer has a place to play.  Trout, Ward, and Marsh should be expected to be there a long time.

What is Wards trade value compared to Adell?

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Bogaerts has an opt-out at the end of the year and has said he plans to exercise it. 

Which is the only reason such a trade would work. Bogaerts is a consistent star, and still just 29. He's 14th in fWAR since 2015.

36 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Bogaerts isn't opting out. End of discussion.

He's a 4-5 WAR player in his prime, making $20 million a year, owed 4/$60M with a vesting option after this year. On the open market, he could make 6/$180M, plus or minus.

The only way he doesn't opt out is if he gets hurt or has a bad year.

Or to make some mouths water...

SS Bogaerts

CF Trout

3B Rendon

DH Ohtani

RF Ward

1B Walsh

C Stassi

LF Marsh

2B Sum Yun-Gi

Velasquez saved Shohei's shutout today with his elite defensive skill set, and Tyler Wade is the fastest white boy since Trout and Bourjos were in their early 20's. And Rengifo looks very good in AAA, and I'm hearing that a handful of teams, including the Dodgers, expressed interest in him at the end of Spring Training. I honestly think there's something there and he can be good. 

I'm not saying don't make a trade, I'm just saying we're getting value and depth at SS in different ways. 

10 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Velasquez saved Shohei's shutout today with his elite defensive skill set, and Tyler Wade is the fastest white boy since Trout and Bourjos were in their early 20's.  

I had to look this up, as I don't think Trout has slowed all that much, if at all. Statcast only goes back to 2015, but he's been pretty consistent. Actually, his sprint speed this year (29.7 ft/s) is the same as 2015, both the highest in that range. 

I do think he might have been a tad faster in 2012-13, but am not sure. he could steal 40+ bases a year if he wanted to. So far this year he's one of the ten fastest runners. 

Guess who is also top 10? Jo Adell, same sprint speed as Trout.

Meanwhile, Wade's sprint speed is 28.7, which is lower than any year of Trout's from 2015-22. He was at 29.1 last year, which is right there with some of Trout's years. Trout's faster, though.

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Last I saw, Trout, Adell, and Marsh were all faster this year than Wade. Ohtani wasn't listed, but I thought he was pretty fast also. 

Ohtani is surprisingly slow - still well above average, but nowhere near those four guys - and also below Velazquez and Ward. He's exactly the same as Bryce Harper, at 27.6.

Here's the list: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/sprint_speed?min_season=2022&max_season=2022&position=&team=&min=10&sort=7&sortDir=asc

Of the 339 players listed, the Angels rank:

7. Adell 29.7

8. Trout 29.7

29. Wade 28.7

37. Velazquez 28.6

40. Marsh 28.5

76. Ward 28.1

121. Ohtani 27.6

161. Mayfield 27.1

League Average 27.0

236. Duffy 26.1

251. Walsh 25.8

256. Stassi 25.7

319. Suzuki 24.3

That's a fast team. Fletcher is usually in 27-28 range, but is at 25.6 so far this year - but he hasn't yet had 10 opportunities yet (because he's bad), so isn't rated.

Bobby WItt Jr is fastest at 30.4, and Yadier Molina is slowest at 21.7 (Albert is third lowest at 22.7).

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Which is the only reason such a trade would work. Bogaerts is a consistent star, and still just 29. He's 14th in fWAR since 2015.

Huh? It would only work because he can opt out? 

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

He's a 4-5 WAR player in his prime, making $20 million a year, owed 4/$60M with a vesting option after this year. On the open market, he could make 6/$180M, plus or minus.

The only way he doesn't opt out is if he gets hurt or has a bad year.

Or to make some mouths water...

SS Bogaerts

CF Trout

3B Rendon

DH Ohtani

RF Ward

1B Walsh

C Stassi

LF Marsh

2B Sum Yun-Gi

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

7 hours ago, stormngt said:

How does Adell get the playing time to get his trade value back up?

Well, in the same way that traditional prospects do - by getting significant playing time in AAA and showing significant improvement.  For him, it'd be a high BB rate that is in the ballpark as his K rate, as well as really solid defense.

He will not recapture his previous prospect value when he was a top 5 prospect in the game (in part because he has already over a year of service time), but he can certainly at least build some value.