• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pop Fly collectibles

Daniel (creator of Pop Fly) and I chatted a bit a few days ago and I asked him about Ohtani.  Probably not happening anytime soon.  Easier to make these covers from players who are retired.  But exciting stuff coming up.

Edited by halonatic13

2 hours ago, cals said:

This one is going next to my Vladdy and Mike Trout ones.

Whoever it is here that’s part of this PLEASE get me a Reggie Jackson one.

The eventual Ohtani one is likely going to kick ass.  I’m hoping for some crazy anime style.

I got into these late. Decided not to collect them (I already spend too much on stupid crap)

But I did get Vlad and Trout, and now this (I figure Id grab the Angel ones)

I really want the Reggie one...

Somebody offered it to me for 600 back in September. I laughed and said no thanks

Last one I saw sold was about 2 months ago.... 2500....

Youre not getting it.

Just now, cals said:

I’m like you.  I just get the angels ones.  I might get cubs ones, but I think I already passed on an Ernie banks, so yeah.

If I knew about these from the beginning, I may have jumped in and bought each one.... meh. Who knows. Like I said, I already waste too much money on crap

But collecting the whole set would have been cool...

But since I already missed all the cool first ones, Im.only grabbing Angel ones.... likely only going to be a few anyway

13 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

Let me see if I can "influence" Daniel into making him an Angel.  We're only friends since kindergarten. 😅

If thats the case, please tell him to make a new reggie angel one. 

I screenshotted it from the website, but probably wont look as good if i print it out and nail it to my wall

i went on the pop fly website to see what i could find. it looks like just about everything is sold out. the list price is $50 but on ebay about 99% of them are listed at $200 and up.

i was a bit surprised to find out these pieces of art are so small (8.5 x 11).

4 hours ago, Tank said:

i went on the pop fly website to see what i could find. it looks like just about everything is sold out. the list price is $50 but on ebay about 99% of them are listed at $200 and up.

i was a bit surprised to find out these pieces of art are so small (8.5 x 11).

They only sell them for one week. You have to buy them quick, or else buy them off the secondary market. They only print the amount people order the first week.

Im not sure if this thing is good for investment.... meaning buy now flip later. I think more people know it know, so the secondary market might not be that great.

But the early ones go for thousands now.... which is crazy.

The Reggie one that Cals and I want for example, theres only like 30 that got made....

Personally, I dont care about them being valuable. I just always loved Reggie, and want one for my little nerd bookcase with my knick knack baseball stuff. But no way Im paying a few hundred for one of these, much less a grand or more. But thats just me

I will say this, though. If I had heard about this from the beginning, I would have probably been all in. The art is pretty cool, and a huge collection of them would be pretty nice all framed up. Ive seen a few pictures of collections of them, and it looks great.

But since I missed the early ones, Im only going to grab the Angel ones.