• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB Network cuts ties with Ken Rosenthal

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-network-cuts-ties-ken-rosenthal-criticism-rob-manfred-001713304.html

MLB Network cuts ties with Ken Rosenthal, reportedly over criticism of Rob Manfred

·Writer
·4 min read

One of the biggest reporters in baseball is no longer welcome on MLB Network.

The league-owned network has cut ties with Ken Rosenthal, and it is believed that Rosenthal's past criticism of MLB commissioner Rob Manfred in columns written for The Athletic played a part in the decision, according to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post.

I have been as on the fence as anyone in the current labor issues, blaming both Manfred and Clark equally... I really dont see how either wide has the moral high ground at all... but this kind of petty bullshit, now of all times, is what will change that in a second.

I'm not sure that MLB isn't in line for a wrongful termination lawsuit if in fact criticizing the commissioner is the cause for Rosenthal's dismissal. He is not in the promotion business end of baseball. If his reports are factual and not entirely Op/Ed then he has worked within the confines of his profession.

I don't like Rosenthal, I think he abused protected sources (quotes from people unnamed and as such unverified) in creating stories to flip the narrative about Josh Hamilton to that as a victim and the Angels organization as somehow the guilty party for wanting to cut ties.

But what has been reported for cause for dismissal is wrong and Rosenthal should burn them to the ground if he doesn't get a payout. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm not sure that MLB isn't in line for a wrongful termination lawsuit if in fact criticizing the commissioner is the cause for Rosenthal's dismissal. He is not in the promotion business end of baseball. If his reports are factual and not entirely Op/Ed then he has worked within the confines of his profession.

I don't like Rosenthal, I think he abused protected sources (quotes from people unnamed and as such unverified) in creating stories to flip the narrative about Josh Hamilton to that as a victim and the Angels organization as somehow the guilty party for wanting to cut ties.

But what has been reported for cause for dismissal is wrong and Rosenthal should burn them to the ground if he doesn't get a payout. 

He wasn't fired. His contract ran out at the end of 2021. They just chose not to give him another one.

If you hadn't noticed, there have been  NO analysts and reporters on MLB Network since Dec. 1. It is in an endless loop of old video and movies. And, as far as Winnie the Pooh is concerned, Winnie finally won his copyright freedom and moved into public domain -- except for specific Disney rights -- after 96 years on Monday. (Jan. 3, 2022.)

2 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

If you hadn't noticed, there have been  NO analysts and reporters on MLB Network since Dec. 1. It is in an endless loop of old video and movies. And, as far as Winnie the Pooh is concerned, Winnie finally won his copyright freedom and moved into public domain -- except for specific Disney rights -- after 96 years on Monday. (Jan. 3, 2022.)

South Park Insult GIF by Much