• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: World Series 2021 Astros/Braves

YES!!!  Great to see the Braves win again!  It's been a long time coming.  I was born a Braves fan, then added the Angels as my AL team in 1981.   My mom still lives in the house I grew up in, and on one wall in my old room, a signed pic of Dale Murphy hangs right between a signed pic of Reggie Jackson's 500th HR and a signed pic of Don Sutton's 300th win.  On another wall is a "Wallyworld" poster from 1986 (Joyner was born in Stone Mountain, GA, so he bridged the two worlds of Georgia and the Angels).

My first in-person major league game was this one from 1986:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ATL/ATL198607060.shtml

Bob Horner hit 4 HR (and Andres Galarraga got beaned in the head so hard that you could clearly hear the echo from our seats way up in the nosebleed section). 

And I remember skipping school with some high school friends in 1991 to go to a rally for the Braves when they got into the World Series for the first time since the move from Milwaukee.

Maybe one day before I die, the Angels will get back to a sustained level of success--but in the meantime, I'm a happy guy tonight.