• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros (4-23-2021)

rafibomb

Just now, Stradling said:

Yawn. You spend countless hours a week bitching about a team you don’t even care about. 

Yeah yeah yeah.

You missed your calling. Instead of flipping burgers you should have been a psychologist.

3 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

We had a 4-2 lead in the bottom of the 9th. Trout, Rendon, umps didn’t cost us this game; our bullpen did. Again. 

Except it’s completely different if they call the foul ball foul, instead of a double putting the tying run at 3rd and the winning run at 2nd. 

4 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Slight nit.  It was a 4-2 lead in the bottom of the 10th, but your point stands.

Plus Rendon makes that play on Straw and not having Trout & Rendon for a full 10 innings in thss contest...

Not to mention those two shitty calls by the ump.

Just now, cals said:

Did anyone see an angle better than the one from 300 feet away.  I don’t know if that ball was fair or foul and the broadcast certainly didn’t make any effort to zoom in or find a better view.  I don’t think any of us can say either way.  Gubi seemed to think it was foul, and he usually calls things as he sees them without a homer lens, so there’s that.

And if you want to search the vast search engine of AW and find me bitching about a call an ump made go right ahead.  I am usually level headed about how they call a game.  But tonight they called someone out that was in the base line and call a foul ball a double. 

14 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

jisjWCQ.jpg

I was at the game. They showed the replay and the crowd groaned because they saw it was a foul ball. Then the umps take off the headset and signal ground rule double and the stadium went berserk. That is how fucked up the call was.

That first base umpire also refused to make a call on a check swing and the home plate umpire had to make it. The guy is a douche.

2 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

You win, you always do.

You’re right, bad calls and my shitty math are the problem, not our stellar pen. 

Carry on.

I had no idea we were discussing whether our pen is stellar.  If so you win because it isn’t.  

Tough break. 

we're 9-9, it's only been 18 games 3 gb behind the As and 0.5 GB for the wildcard. Bedside's the As (kinda of) no one is really  running away, most of the top teams are either below 500 or at 500. like I said it's early, we are getting guys back, Heaney is showing that he's can be a solid 3 behind Bundy, Othani. We just need to clean some cranks in the Bullpen and lower our walks and let the season play out. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I was at the game. They showed the replay and the crowd groaned because they saw it was a foul ball. Then the umps take off the headset and signal ground rule double and the stadium went berserk. That is how fucked up the call was.

That first base umpire also refused to make a call on a check swing and the home plate umpire had to make it. The guy is a douche.

This is why MLB needs to do better at having clearer angles throughout ballparks, otherwise we're left with so many terrible judgement calls that get upheld after replay simply because it was "inconclusive"

Really just renders the whole replay aspect useless as it stands. Just dumb to know that the game could have ended differently if the Ump had called that ball foul live in the moment rather than fair.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That check swing was strange. It looked like to me the home plate ump incorrectly appealed to the 3B ump for help. 

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

This is why MLB needs to do better at having clearer angles throughout ballparks, otherwise we're left with so many terrible judgement calls that get upheld after replay simply because it was "inconclusive"

Really just renders the whole replay aspect useless as it stands. Just dumb to know that the game could have ended differently if the Ump had called that ball foul live in the moment rather than fair.

I hate the fact that the call on the field has a built in advantage over making the objectively correct call. It gives immediacy an advantage over objective reality. I still like Adam Carolla’s idea of a “replay gimp” that decides calls under review. Basically someone that doesn’t know the call on the field at all, but just views the play with all the available replay angles and decides what actually happened.

8 minutes ago, cals said:

From the shit angles we had on the broadcast it looked like it may have hit the line.  That photo Vlad27 posted may not have been at the moment the ball hit the ground.  It’s possibly misleading.

Walsh repeatedly pointed to the exact location the ball landed. It was foul by nearly a foot.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I had no idea we were discussing whether our pen is stellar.  If so you win because it isn’t.  

Way back on page 15 was my reference to blaming our pen.

Sorry, it’s not you, it’s me. I’m extra salty about this loss.

One would think that if a team made a mockery of the sport it wouldn’t continue to get the benefit of the doubt on calls but that’s apparently not the case.