• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Night Stalker Is Dead

St1ck, right there with you.  

I was just reading about this.

I was terrified of this dude as a kid.

The day he was caught, one of my old cameramen got the exclusive video in the cop car, and he said Ramirez turned and gave him the scariest look ever.   Didn't sleep for weeks.   He said it was hard to believe someone in handcuffs, inside a police cruiser could scare him.

Same recollections. The only OC attack out in tranquil Mission Viejo was about a half mile from our house and scared the double-shit out of our housing tract. All us kids kept thinking he was gonna come back and do it again. There was an abandoned house we used to dare each other to go into, saying, "The Night Stalker's in there!" And being a gullible kid -- and before The Night Stalker moniker stuck -- they were calling him The Intruder, The Invader, The Night Prowler, The Valley Slasher... 

So I thought five different guys were running around slaying people.

This is ridiculous

"Since 1978, when California reinstated capital punishment, only 13 condemned inmates have been put to death, according to Robinson. Fifty-nine more have died from natural causes, 22 have committed suicide and six have died from other causes."

Ramirez was sentenced to death in 1989 but was not even assigned a lawyer to handle his appeal until 2006, 17 years later! I recall reading an article from the SF Chronicle that estimated he was only halfway through the appeals process. Taxpayers are going to save a lot of money with his early demise.

There are condemned inmates at San Quentin that were sent there in 1979. Thirty-four years later and not close to an execution date.

It's a travesty.

I always hoped someone would have beat the you-know-what out of him when he was in prison, Jeffrey Dahmer style.  He probably spent his last days being catered to in a hospital bed, unlike his victims.  Too bad he didn't get teh Doyyer stadium treatment in the pen.

He got the Doyyer Stadium treatment buy the public before he was arrested. They were beating the piss out of him when the police arrived in East LA.

My ex-husband and I lived in a yellow house in Huntington Beach at the time.  He had a baseball bat at the side of the bed.  He told me that if the guy came in and got him to "reach over his dead body, grab the bat and hit the guy over the head".  

My house was too yellow, and single story.   We had a very long sliding window along the wall in the family room.    I was 13 and my parents would go out, and I'd stay up until midnight or so and i'd watch TV thinking that the Night Stalker was outside the window of my yellow house watching me watch TV.    That summer was terrifying.

This was a pretty good read.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-nightstalker-morrison-20130608,0,6796336.story â€¦

I'm shocked at how many people lived in yellow houses.  I know it was the late 70s/early 80s but WTF?

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he wasn't keen on yellow houses after all; it's just that 99% of the houses in Southern California at the time were yellow.