• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Midterm Report Card

Howie is second on the team with RISP with a .315 AVG.  Pujols is the only one better at .349.

4th in RBI

1st in AVG

3rd in OPS

2nd in oWAR

People love to Howie bash but he has been very good this season.

Among MLB 2B, Howie is 4th in AVG, 6th in OBP, 5th in SLG, 4th in HR, and 4th in SB.

He definitely hasn't received enough credit. I'm willing to look past the GIDP and see that he's having an all star caliber season. 

Ed, Trout has been a top 10 player in baseball so far this year. He's been awesome yet again. 

Trumbo continues to make adjustments year after year. He looks like a legit .850 OPS type bat. 

Pujols is playing through pain so I'll give him a bit of a pass.

Hamilton doesn't even deserve a D. 

I was torn on Hamilton. He has grossly underachieved offensively. His defense has been very solid, however. That is the only thing that keeps him from getting that F. I will not argue, though, with the 'F' designation. I agree with Trumbo, though he is still prone to long streaks of slumping. Trout is my favorite player, but he is still not delivering the big hit in critical situations like I think he should be, and a couple of his routes in the OF have resulted in runs. Still, he will, with his great talent, produce fantastic stats again.

Trout should be graded on expectation coming into the season.

He was arguably the best player in baseball last year and this year has fallen off.

His defense has been average his steal numbers are way down, and his hitting numbers are down as well.

And to add to that his numbers fall off tremendously in clutch situations.

He should get a B+.

Trumbo on the other hand definitely deserves an A because he has bounced back from his second half slump and has improved on last year's numbers.

People expecting Trout to duplicate last season could be disappointed. What he did last year was absolutely unprecedented. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his most productive season in his career. 

With that said, he can fall off a bit like he has this year and still be a top 3 player in the game. Still an A for me based on his performance this year, not based on what he did last year. 

People expecting Trout to duplicate last season could be disappointed. What he did last year was absolutely unprecedented. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his most productive season in his career. 

With that said, he can fall off a bit like he has this year and still be a top 3 player in the game. Still an A for me based on his performance this year, not based on what he did last year. 

But he's not a top 3 player in the league this year.

And here are his numbers in high leverage situations from Fangraphs

.176 .256 .206 .462 with 0 HR 0 3B and 1 2B.

That is downright awful.

But he's not a top 3 player in the league this year.

And here are his numbers in high leverage situations from Fangraphs

.176 .256 .206 .462 with 0 HR 0 3B and 1 2B.

That is downright awful.

Trout's at a 3 WAR and the leader is at 3.5 so he's basically one Trout-like week from being up there again.

Yeah, his situational hitting has sucked and I didn't realize it was that bad. With his inconsistent routes in the outfield, I think you could knock him down to a B+

Trout should be graded on expectation coming into the season.

He was arguably the best player in baseball last year and this year has fallen off.

His defense has been average his steal numbers are way down, and his hitting numbers are down as well.

And to add to that his numbers fall off tremendously in clutch situations.

He should get a B+.

Trumbo on the other hand definitely deserves an A because he has bounced back from his second half slump and has improved on last year's numbers.

Better get used to being disappointed, he's on pace to be the best player to ever play the game and he gets a B+ in your book.

Howie is second on the team with RISP with a .315 AVG.  Pujols is the only one better at .349.

4th in RBI

1st in AVG

3rd in OPS

2nd in oWAR

People love to Howie bash but he has been very good this season.

howie's fanboy speaks again.   howie is first in terrible situational hitting, terrible baserunning, and leads the league in errors committed while the game is on the line.  

your stats dont tell the whole story do they?

Kohn: C-  Where do we dig up some of these kids? Has had some good outings, overall not one you can really rely upon. Hampered by the fact that homeplate is not the size of the average dry wall panel.

This part of your post needs some special love.

Among MLB 2B, Howie is 4th in AVG, 6th in OBP, 5th in SLG, 4th in HR, and 4th in SB.

He definitely hasn't received enough credit. I'm willing to look past the GIDP and see that he's having an all star caliber season. 

Agreed, I get frustrated with him as well, but he's having a good year. B+ in my opinion, and this would be an A- but I feel like his defense has been mediocre at best.