• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Little is known about Thursday's shooting. The U.S. Marshals Service said a task force was trying to arrest the man on a state warrant for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Yeah not something to throw a tantrum over. You want to give your movement legitimacy? This ain't it.

41 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah not something to throw a tantrum over. You want to give your movement legitimacy? This ain't it.

They lost that legitimacy a long time ago, when they kept rioting over the crooks, and ignored people like the little kid that got shot because he was playing cops and robbers in the park.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

They lost that legitimacy a long time ago, when they kept rioting over the crooks, and ignored people like the little kid that got shot because he was playing cops and robbers in the park.  

I don't remember that story.

Sounds about right for the media.

Ok you guys really gotta stop with the "prior conviction" crap. 

It says he may have opened fire. That's the story. If he shot at cops, then his killing is entirely justified. His criminal history is just so the cops know who they are dealing with. The only relevant crime is the one they were attempting to arrest him for.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said the slain suspect had been wanted on a felony firearms violation.

There you go. He was wanted for a felony firearms violation. He should have been arrested. And again, the police say he opened fire in which case he should have been shot. 

Although, to play devil's advocate here:

Law enforcement officers, who were not wearing body cams

Convenient. Could pretty easily shut this bullshit down if they recorded the dude shooting at them.

What happened next, according to authorities, is not entirely clear. Two deputies, one from Hennepin County and one from Ramsey County, opened fire. 

But the BCA said it found evidence that the suspect had opened fire from within the vehicle, where investigators said they recovered both a handgun and spent casings.

That first sentence is interesting. "Not entirely clear". 

They said they found a handgun and castings from the handgun so it would appear that he did, in fact, shoot at officers. Assuming they're telling the truth. There's no footage or anything of this "evidence", at least not yet.

Not saying there should be rioting over this case; in fact I think this shit has gotten old and has accomplished nothing. But clearly what happened is "not entirely clear".

Bringing up his prior convictions is just how the right and cals justifies a (black) person being killed. It's the perfect fallback. "Well, even if he didn't shoot at police, he was a felon! He would have committed another crime!"

Just please stop. 

Trayvon Martin was the first time this stuff was brought to my attention. I remember the thread being epic.

I can't recall what my stance was at the time. I hadn't ever really thought about these issues before then. 

I remember Michael Brown, who has been absolutely trashed by conservatives as being a "piece of shit". It seems like his killing was justified and certainly he shouldn't be the guy to be turned into a martyr.

Seems like Tamir Rice should be the one to give credence to your cause. That case is pretty awful.

13 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok you guys really gotta stop with the "prior conviction" crap. 

It says he may have opened fire. That's the story. If he shot at cops, then his killing is entirely justified. His criminal history is just so the cops know who they are dealing with. The only relevant crime is the one they were attempting to arrest him for.

There you go. He was wanted for a felony firearms violation. He should have been arrested. And again, the police say he opened fire in which case he should have been shot. 

Although, to play devil's advocate here:

Convenient. Could pretty easily shut this bullshit down if they recorded the dude shooting at them.

That first sentence is interesting. "Not entirely clear". 

They said they found a handgun and castings from the handgun so it would appear that he did, in fact, shoot at officers. Assuming they're telling the truth. There's no footage or anything of this "evidence", at least not yet.

Not saying there should be rioting over this case; in fact I think this shit has gotten old and has accomplished nothing. But clearly what happened is "not entirely clear".

Bringing up his prior convictions is just how the right and cals justifies a (black) person being killed. It's the perfect fallback. "Well, even if he didn't shoot at police, he was a felon! He would have committed another crime!"

Just please stop. 

I will agree with most of this. Force can only be used to stop a threat that is being posed at that exact time. Prior convictions do come into play in how the arresting officer will approach that person. That may be looked at by some as a way of escalating the situation but officer safety is more important 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Prior convictions do come into play in how the arresting officer will approach that person.

Tbf I did basically say exactly that:

His criminal history is just so the cops know who they are dealing with

On 6/4/2021 at 6:56 PM, tdawg87 said:

Trayvon Martin was the first time this stuff was brought to my attention. I remember the thread being epic.

I can't recall what my stance was at the time. I hadn't ever really thought about these issues before then. 

I remember Michael Brown, who has been absolutely trashed by conservatives as being a "piece of shit". It seems like his killing was justified and certainly he shouldn't be the guy to be turned into a martyr.

Seems like Tamir Rice should be the one to give credence to your cause. That case is pretty awful.

Trayvon was shot by a Hispanic dude