• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

1 hour ago, Tank said:

my view on this the whole time has been that reforming police is only one side of the coin. the other side is that we as citizens must also reform our behavior. you can't rightfully expect that only the police need to adjust their practices and procedures. we do too.

Apparently low income people are unable to control their behavior 

1 hour ago, Don said:

That seems like an unnecessary "both sides!" there. It really sounds like another version of "Well, I heard he was a bad dude, so he probably had it coming." I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're saying, but that's what it sounds like for sure.

He’s saying people should stop committing crimes and police need to improve their interactions with citizens they serve 

Yeah, I guess I just don't think the fact that people do commit crimes should have an effect on police brutality. They are just two completely separate issues in my mind. Sure, I'd like it if people committed less crimes. But at the end of the day, cops still need to be held to a certain standard in how they deal with people, regardless of what those people have or haven't done, and regardless of whether or not the cop is having a tough day.

Just now, Don said:

Yeah, I guess I just don't think the fact that people do commit crimes should have an effect on police brutality. They are just two completely separate issues in my mind. Sure, I'd like it if people committed less crimes. But at the end of the day, cops still need to be held to a certain standard in how they deal with people, regardless of what those people have or haven't done, and regardless of whether or not the cop is having a tough day.

I'm pretty sure they are.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

He’s saying people should stop committing crimes and police need to improve their interactions with citizens they serve 

I agree. The white community is incredibly rampant with white collar crimes, drug use, domestic abuse, and other forms of societal degeneracy. But white people don't seem to be afraid of the police. I wonder why.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

I'm pretty sure they are.

Yep, the police force is famous for its tendency to swiftly reprimand, suspend, and fire cops for illegal and violent behavior. It's also well-known for being an institution where members hold one another accountable and put truth and justice over blind loyalty.

5 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

I agree. The white community is incredibly rampant with white collar crimes, drug use, domestic abuse, and other forms of societal degeneracy. But white people don't seem to be afraid of the police. I wonder why.

They probably should be as cops kill more of them 

11 minutes ago, Don said:

I agree with this completely 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Because they don't fight them and taser them?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They probably should be as cops kill more of them 

People of all colors are mistreated by police. But as a white person, I never have to fear for my life when I'm in the presence of police. 

Jason, have you watched 13th yet?

Just now, Theo Huxtable said:

People of all colors are mistreated by police. But as a white person, I never have to fear for my life when I'm in the presence of police. 

Jason, have you watched 13th yet?

Wait... I thought Theo was black? Maybe he's confused because he actually knows his dad.

4 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

Yep, the police force is famous for its tendency to swiftly reprimand, suspend, and fire cops for illegal and violent behavior. It's also well-known for being an institution where members hold one another accountable and put truth and justice over blind loyalty.

That institution is called a public sector union. These unions protect shitty cops and teachers  these unions have been heavy backers of dems for years. Another example how the dems racist behavior continues despite removing their pointed white hoods 

11 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

That institution is called a public sector union. These unions protect shitty cops and teachers  these unions have been heavy backers of dems for years. Another example how the dems racist behavior continues despite removing their pointed white hoods 

Massive political sea change in the years running up to the civil rights act.  I know this is dinesh d’souza’s favorite move but it’s fucking stupid.  People and their ideology guide parties. The GOP from Lincoln’s day is much different then what it is today.  The Democratic Party is oldest continuously operating political party on earth.  It has also changed significantly since the 18th century.  A shocking revelation, I’m sure.  

Why do you think it is that the south was all blue and then it all changed to red ?? Weird that all the Democrats picked up and headed to the coast and urban centers and all the republicans moved south and into rural “real” America. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Massive political sea change in the years running up to the civil rights act.  I know this is dinesh d’souza’s favorite move but it’s fucking stupid.  People and their ideology guide parties. The GOP from Lincoln’s day is much different then what it is today.  The Democratic Party is oldest continuously operating political party on earth.  It has also changed significantly since the 18th century.  A shocking revelation, I’m sure.  

Mr Byrd and the Gore family are fairly recent. Pelosi’s old man like confederate statues. There was a lot more racist who stayed than exited with the Dixiecrats. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why do you think it is that the south was all blue and then it all changed to red ?? Weird that all the Democrats picked up and headed to the coast and urban centers and all the republicans moved south and into rural “real” America. 

That change didn’t occur until late 1990s into 2000s. Yes the klan has been run out of the Democrat party but the elitist racist white liberals still remain in power in the Democrat party. Biden said they finally found a well spoken black man in Obama. If you listen every once in a while the dems true feelings are displayed. The dems resisted desegregation in the 60s much like they resist school vouchers today. Not much has really changed. Malcomx told the truth about libs years ago but mist blacks didn’t listen. 

7 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Mr Byrd and the Gore family are fairly recent. Pelosi’s old man like confederate statues. There was a lot more racist who stayed than exited with the Dixiecrats. 

Wrong.  Look fucking racists are all over.  They’re GOP and they’re Democrats.  You don’t need to tell me that plenty of Democrats are full of shit.  They are.  The current party nominee was a pretty solid supporter of fucking segregation when he got going.  The dude eulogized Strom Thurmond (an example of the sea change I’m talking about)  But *today* the Democrats don’t codify it into their platforms.  They don’t implicitly and honestly, explicitly(increasingly) endorse it like the GOP does.  This is a stupid game you’re playing.  

2 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

That change didn’t occur until late 1990s into 2000s. Yes the klan has been run out of the Democrat party but the elitist racist white liberals still remain in power in the Democrat party. Biden said they finally found a well spoken black man in Obama. If you listen every once in a while the dems true feelings are displayed. The dems resisted desegregation in the 60s much like they resist school vouchers today. Not much has really changed. Malcomx told the truth about libs years ago but mist blacks didn’t listen. 

The main reason that parts of the south remained blue (and Midwest) was because of unions.  This is all complicated and you’re trying to simplify it.  Massively the south flipped red because of anger over the civil rights act.  The whole process did take decades.  But that’s when the shit changed. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The main reason that parts of the south remained blue (and Midwest) was because of unions.  This is all complicated and you’re trying to simplify it.  Massively the south flipped red because of anger over the civil rights act.  The whole process did take decades.  But that’s when the shit changed. 

I think the Reagan-era rebranding of the Republican Party as the party of evangelical Christianity plus law and order had a lot to do with it too.