• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arizona and Texas?

9 hours ago, ScottT said:

They would drive? The more this is discussed, the more I dont think any baseball will be played.

Fuck

I think they are going to do something....too much money to be lost all the way around---teams, players, cities.....My concern is that something like the 3 state plan is implemented and then there is a spike in virus cases later in the summer or early in the fall in Florida and Texas (who have opened up quickly, against the advise of some of the medical experts)..... then what do you do?  I guess you cancel the season at that point....that would be a mess...

10 hours ago, ScottT said:

They would drive? The more this is discussed, the more I dont think any baseball will be played.

Fuck

They did in the old days, why not now? Bus rides FTW! 

If the minor leaguers can ride in a bus for hours from one ballpark to another, our dearly beloved overpaid athletes can suck it up for half of a year. 

31 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Why choose the hottest places in the US?

If they are going to play in empty stadiums, use the Midwest league fields in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin.  They're all no more than a 3-4 hour drive away from each other. 

I assume it has to do with the MLB training facilities in Florida and Arizona. It's not just playing the games that is the issue.

But this whole thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. What happens if like 5 starters on a team get it? A team is just going to be missing 5 starters for 4-6 weeks in a condensed season? 

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

I assume it has to do with the MLB training facilities in Florida and Arizona. It's not just playing the games that is the issue.

But this whole thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. What happens if like 5 starters on a team get it? A team is just going to be missing 5 starters for 4-6 weeks in a condensed season? 

Yeah, what about minor leagues?  Teams use a lot of players over the course of a season.  

Yep, I agree

“The best plan from my point of view is to not take me away from my family for four months and to have me quarantined away from them, I can tell you that. You’re going to have a lot of uninterested players when they hear their families are not to be involved. I mean we’re all quarantined now, what is the difference if we’re all quarantined there or with our families there?”

Adam Wainwright

12 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

They did in the old days, why not now? Bus rides FTW! 

If the minor leaguers can ride in a bus for hours from one ballpark to another, our dearly beloved overpaid athletes can suck it up for half of a year. 

For the love of the game they may as well put them up at Motel 6 while they’re at it. 

Just have the AL East games played in Tampa Bay stadium. NL East play in Miami Stadium. NL West games play in LA or SD.  AL West play in Anaheim.  NL Central play in Milwaukee. AL Central Play in  Chicago. Also have each division use a nearby minor league stadium. No inter league play.   Because of uneven number of teams in each division, each division with have one team playing inter division at a time. This makes traveling minimal. Those games could be played in the Texas Stadiums.