• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Rosenthal

jgimondo

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

at what point do they come up then?  He needs the experience to get better.  

The call up was appropriate.  The results don't change that.  

I agree Doc, the best time to that is when the results don't matter as much.  Virtually all players have to learn to adjust in the majors, I think our younger pitchers all showed some good signs.  As long as they are not permanently discouraged they eventually will be the better for it.

5 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

He was definitely worth signing to a minor league deal. These are the type of reclamation projects that you sign imo. From what I read he still has a plus fastball ... has control issues. 

There was no point in the Angels signing Rosenthal to a minor league deal.  Even if he pitched well, he wasn't going to propel the Angels into the playoffs.  And then he would just be a free agent at season's end.