• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Wish this was getting more love. The Space program is pretty much the coolest thing thats happened in the last several decades.

HBO is playing "from the earth to the moon" all day long today. Im at work, but bought it on prime to stream later. Missed it when it first aired way back when

Thnx for the heads up about hbo.

the technology to not only get into space but to the moon as well was ridiculous, and one of the greatest accomplishments in our history. As a kid I was positively captivated by all of it. I bought every book and picture my parents would allow me to get. I wish I could have been astronaut.

played golf yesterday with a guy who worked on the antenna for the lunar module. He didn’t really share many stories as he was in a rush to get somewhere else and was up against the clock. But he was pretty proud of all of it, and rightfully so.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I really wish we spent more on the space program as opposed to the war machine.  50 years later, and we are no where close to putting a man anywhere.

they've been working on the next spaceship to take us back to the moon. I think the plan is return sometime in the next 5 or 6 years.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, gotbeer said:

I really wish we spent more on the space program as opposed to the war machine.  50 years later, and we are no where close to putting a man anywhere.

44 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Funny how we are less capable of space travel 50 years later.

Space travel has improved exponentially over the past decade with the private industry (SpaceX/Blue Origin). There isn't a need to put more people on the moon and the goal is now Mars.

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Funny how we are less capable of space travel 50 years later.

Were not less capable. We simply ignored it for a long time ... because we won the race. And it was only a race.... nothing else. 

The ISS is FAR more technologically advanced than the Apollo program.